Before & After Sportline - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Before & After Sportline

Well over the weekend my brother me and a few friends installed sportlines on my car. As of now I don't like them they are good on a smooth road but theres almost no smooth roads. On the rougher roads its bouncy so they maybe gone by the weekend. I never even planned on modding this car it is supposed to be low car payment during college. But my friend sold them to my brother and they don't fit a redline so he gave them to me.
Before-

After- Car is pretty dirty and the pictures arent the best

Last edited by Forced; 11-29-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 11:16 PM

looks good , do whats best for the car, and your driving enviornment determine your decision

but as i said looks good
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Thanks, I wish my brother and friends could understand yes maybe it looks nice but if the ride is bad I dont want to keep them on. It seems like the ride is stiffer now. Today I took the accord to go register for class and the ride was night and day. I like the looks and handling but I don't know if I can deal with being jolted over every small thing in the road. I want to see if I can take the redline out later and compare.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 08:39 PM

i lowered my 03 cavy (when i had it ) and it took me 2 weeks and i put stock springs back on

sometimes its not worth messing a good car up

your cobalt , not the cavy, it wasnt worth it
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 01:57 PM

Have you noticed that the paint on your bumpers does not match the paint on the car?? Just noticed that in your sig.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Me? I dont have a sig. But these pictures arent the best I turned done the exposure compensation on the camera before hand. That lets in less light and these pictures were not taken in even lighting, just a few quick pictures.
And about it being bouncy that pretty much went away its now more sitff than stock which I expected. As of now I'll live them on longer before I make up my mind. I was in my friends wrx tonight which has coilovers on it and wow that was a rough ride.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 08:26 PM

coilovers should be renamed to ''rough rider springs" - for those who dont mind hitting their head on the roof ,on the smallest bump ever
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2006, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Haha well I love road racing f1, dtm, le mans, rolex, motogp I even went to the 24hours of rolex last year. But when it comes to practical use vs. comfort you have to weight in how many track days you will do and how rough the ride is. And really you could feel every bump he says he is used to it now but he only wanted the coilovers to lower his car he wont ever do any track days the most he will do is run the 1/4mile. For me is turning out giving them some time to set in has helped them and it dosent feel so bad now but I can't believe what some people will deal with for only street driving.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2006, 04:36 PM

i know what you mean
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Well my dad took it for a ride came back and said it was perfectly smooth. I guess I'm just crazy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode