My 06 Cobalt (56K= Death! x_x) - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

My 06 Cobalt (56K= Death! x_x)

Well Here she is, but you wont get to see it stock because these are some of the first pics I have taken of my beloved cobalt. ( I love this car ^_^)

----front----

--------------

--------------

--------------

--------------

--Taillights--

--------------

--------------

----tribute---
(the only nascar driver I ever thought was worth watching a race for)

Any way, I just did my taillights yesterday (01/15/07) and I just need to find some really really fine sandpaper to polish them up (I can get up to 2500 grit at my school, nice n shiny ^_^) and get rid of some imperfections in the clear coat, it took me the better part of the day to get them done, and even though they arent the best, they still look totaly SICK! I was in an accident back in augest (or was it september?) and banged up the original front bumper, so I upgraded to foglight able bumper(sadly not the one I wanted, but it still looks ten times better than the one I had, so i'm happy with it ^_^) I have the foglights and connectors, I am just trying to find some decent switches for them.

As for the rest of the modifications I plan to do on my own, I plan on painting my dash trim in a two-tone fashion, The top half being red (so not to over do it) and the bottom portion being black w/ red accents. than I plan to change my Front Rotors and calipers and add a strut bar, and front + rear Swaybars.

Those are pretty much my only, set-in-stone plans at the moment, because thats about as far as I want to go, I'm primarily going for handling, so i'm probably going to drop it an inch and get some better rims+tires (obviously), Oh, and I also plan on changing to a short throw shifter.

As for the Governer, I probably wont remove that till after the breaks, Suspension, and wheels are all upgraded to be able to handle speeds excess of 105 mph (governer limit) Needless to say, this will probably be one of the last things I do.

Any who, tell me what ya think, do you like where I'm going with this?

-Steve

Last edited by HunterXero; 01-16-2007 at 11:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 10:44 PM

I like the projector headlights, and the darkened taillamps. Yes, Sr. was worth watching. But what the hell does 56k=death mean?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsRallyYellowSS View Post
I like the projector headlights, and the darkened taillamps. Yes, Sr. was worth watching. But what the hell does 56k=death mean?
it means, if you have dial-up, don't come in lol

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 11:27 PM

well, i have dial up and the pics came in clear as a bell
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 01:24 PM

nice pics!! I have the exact same headlights but in black, looks better with my red car. I too smoked out my tail lights..... awesome job though
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt06SS View Post
nice pics!! I have the exact same headlights but in black, looks better with my red car. I too smoked out my tail lights..... awesome job though
Thanks ^_^ I seriously need to find some cobalt owners in southern california. lol
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 07:14 AM

maybe you could help me... I'm having issues with adjusting the beams of the headlights. Everytime I go and fix it, I seem to make it worse! I know the adjustment screw is on the bottom of the unit and I have tried to use the manual but no luck. Could you give me any insight that might help??

Last edited by Cobalt06SS; 01-19-2007 at 07:20 AM.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
maybe you could help me... I'm having issues with adjusting the beams of the headlights. Everytime I go and fix it, I seem to make it worse! I know the adjustment screw is on the bottom of the unit and I have tried to use the manual but no luck. Could you give me any insight that might help??
heh, honestly, i'm still trying to figure it out, specialy after accidently adjusting one of the brights rather than the projector so now one light out of wack.

The only thing i'm sure of is, if the beams are too low, you have to tighten the bottom screw, and loosen the top screws, anything further than that, sorry no clue here either lol
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 10:59 PM

thanks!! i will try to figure it out and get back to you on how to adjust them once i figure it out
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
thanks!! i will try to figure it out and get back to you on how to adjust them once i figure it out
Actualy hold up a second. I found a really nice youtube tutorial on *************. and it explains it alot better.

When looking at youre projectors from the back, the two screws on the bottom of the lowbeam *outter most light*

LowBeams
-outter screw= height
-Counter clockwise= up
-clockwise= down
-Inner screw= inner/outer
-counter clockwise= away from center
-clockwise= towards center.

HighBeams

-Bottm Screw= Height
-Clockwise= up
-CounterClockwise= down
top left and top right screws
I assume they have something to do with off center, but the guy didn't really explain that yet. heres the link to his how-to.

http://www.*************/forums/show...ight=Projector

hope that helps guys.

-Steve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode