Stock 05 SS bogs....dealer no help still - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Stock 05 SS bogs....dealer no help still

Hello all.
2 years ago i had my check engine light come on dealer said it was lean so they re-flashed the computer. Ever since i've had several bogs in the rpm ranges and i lost 2 mpg. I've complained over and over even had the owner of the dealership drive it with me in it he said i see your point but nothing ever gets done. Before the flashing the car acelled smoothly and got 31.8 mpg on the hi way regularly.
I've had it with dealing with the two local dealers.

Who makes a programmer for an 05 SS? It not all riced out with crap it's 100% stock it all i need for my 78 mile commute. When i need to race i got to the track with the race car.
I just want the bog gone. My local tuning house can't do the SS. They can read but not flash.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to WICKED
hptuners is the only tuning suite for your caR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to Butch Sosa
when you say bogging do you mean the rpms fluctuatewhen you come to stop sometimes? If it is What i did was take off my intake and open up the throttle plate and clean all the carbon build up from the throttle body.

2009 Turbo Cobalt SS
traded in 2005 SS/SC

Dragracing is for fast cars, autocross is for fast drivers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This car looks fast even standing still!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

No not waving idle.
Non linear acceleration. pulls hard then nose drops down then pulls hard again.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to Butch Sosa
yes i had this problem with my 05 SS. does it do this when its cold or when you first start driving it in th morning? mine always went away after the car warmed up.

2009 Turbo Cobalt SS
traded in 2005 SS/SC

Dragracing is for fast cars, autocross is for fast drivers.

This car looks fast even standing still!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2008, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

All the time.
Realy bad at 2800 rpm and again at 3200.

You can see and feel the nose drop while driving. It was never like this with the OE program but since the dealer flashed it its sucked.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Contributing User

Get them to check your fuel pump if anything else.. Mine would fall on its face and it was the fuel pump shorting out they had to replace the whole pump..
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
call gm and tell them that the dealership isnt working with you and you want this shit fixed
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44dwarf View Post
Hello all.
2 years ago i had my check engine light come on dealer said it was lean so they re-flashed the computer. Ever since i've had several bogs in the rpm ranges and i lost 2 mpg. I've complained over and over even had the owner of the dealership drive it with me in it he said i see your point but nothing ever gets done. Before the flashing the car acelled smoothly and got 31.8 mpg on the hi way regularly.
I've had it with dealing with the two local dealers.

Who makes a programmer for an 05 SS? It not all riced out with crap it's 100% stock it all i need for my 78 mile commute. When i need to race i got to the track with the race car.
I just want the bog gone. My local tuning house can't do the SS. They can read but not flash.

Thanks

Hey read your posting. Ther is a Place in manheim pa called pro-tune they assured me they can re-flash the ecu in your car to how you want it. from HP at diff rpms to how many miles your going on a gallon of gas. i tried to have my LS cobalt re-flashed there but they have not borken the code to the ecu set up i have. but they told me they can do the LSJ moters ecu (cobalt ss) since they have done the ecu in the new zo6 vette. And they share the same ecu set up. I went to the dealership also and gave me a bunch of crap as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in