How do you diagnose a power steering problem in a 2005 chevy cobalt? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 04:57 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to billlikecar Send a message via Skype™ to billlikecar
How do you diagnose a power steering problem in a 2005 chevy cobalt?

How do you diagnose a power steering problem in a 2005 chevy cobalt?
I will share some answers for all and more ideas welcome

I have a 2006 Cobalt and about 6 months ago my power steering went out. There isn't really a way to check it besides taking it to a mechanic and having them hook it up to the computer. It's expensive to replace the power steering in these cars. It cost us $600 just for the part because you have to completely replace the steering column. It's really a pain. Hope this helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 10:20 AM

Garage
Its not true that you have to replace the steering column. Whoever said that is trying to oversell. I had my steering power steering pump changed by dealer just recently. Cost me nothing under warranty because it had a recall. Go to the dealer and see if it is covered. All you have to do to see if there is a problem is put it on a hoist, look underneath and see if the rack or pump is leaking. OR, if it is real bad, have you ever driven a car that has no power steering?? If so, the challenge to move the wheel would be the same if your power steering pump failed or was working improperly.

Any questions about the Balt, all answered here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to billlikecar Send a message via Skype™ to billlikecar
thanks and that is proffessinal answer.
i am not sure about that
but i will have a try
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode