sirius plug n play - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 02:39 AM Thread Starter

sirius plug n play

I have just brought home my new 06 SS and would like to install my Sirius sportster unit into the cobalt. I just wanted to see if anyone on here has added a plug and play unit to the cobalt. I am looking for some mounting location ideas pics would be great also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 10:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to CoBIZZLE
Well is it the Sportster or the Sportster Replay? Replay would be easy, just use the suction cup and put it in the lower left hand corner of the windshield. You could always do that even if its NOT the replay by going anywhere and buying a carkit for the new sportster.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 11:21 AM

I mounted my sportser replay in the lower left window, just to the right of the boost gauge. I then ran the wires all hiden to the trunk, up throught the insulation, and hide the antennea below my spoiler in the corner. If you need pics I can take some later for you.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

I have the replay sportster and I have the suction mount but I was looking for something to mount it down by the ac controls or something like that. I have found a flexible 15" mount that attaches to the passenger seat bolt, i have found the cup holder mount and have found a mount that used 3m tape to adhere to the plastic panels and has a "L" bracket with it. I may use the mount with the "L" bracket and just below my glove box or I am going to fabricate a mount plate that bolts to the 2 bolts on the right of the radio. Is there anyway to use the xm antena with my sirius unit?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006, 03:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to CoBIZZLE
Check out Bracketron's website and/or Panavise's website, they make all kinds of custom brackets for mounting them near the ac controls for all sorts of vehicles, but the cobalt is still relatively new so I dont know if they'll have them yet or not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 01:47 AM

or profit intl
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

heres pics of my install

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 07:47 PM

wow blacklock thats very clean i like that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in