Chip OR Programmer???? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Chip OR Programmer????

I was wondering if there was a chip or programmer for my 07 ss/sc. Ive been looking but i cant find one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 04:22 PM

no cheeps....Tunes.....

I've only heard of using HP Tuners for electronic adjustments.......
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 06:15 PM

look for a guy around you that has hp tuners and will tune it for you. those chips are garbage.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 05:05 AM
Contributing User

OBD-I = chips

OBD-II = re-flashes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 11:17 AM

There aren't any "chips" for the SS/SC. Making power isn't that easy anymore. If you want a better tune you will need to get tuned by someone with HPTuners.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaineMan View Post
There aren't any "chips" for the SS/SC. Making power isn't that easy anymore. If you want a better tune you will need to get tuned by someone with HPTuners.

Just a general question to keep this thread going as I am interested in HP Tuners... How hard is it to learn to use this?? I think of myself as a fairly intelligent guy...how dificult would it be to learn to use this???//I do not know if I could find help in my area of WI as it is pretty rural...not many Cobalt owners period.

Thanks..
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 10:34 AM

There is a forum over on the HPTuners website if you want to learn... but it is a lot of learning to do. You are literally messing with the brains of your ride and can seriously fvck some things up if you don't know your way around. There are some basic things you can do if you can interpret some lines on a graph... but if you want to get down and dirty with making power... expect to spend some time learning.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 12:47 PM

ya it gets pretty intense with the math going on in some of the tables. ive seen it done and i wouldnt get too deep into it unless i was gonna spend alot of time working with tuning and a real tuner to help with all the know how outside of just changing graphs and tables
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 06:16 PM

does anyone know af a shop in Indiana that can tune my car?? i was goin to buy the hp tuners program with my tax check but it sounds like ti will take forever to learn the system and how to's..
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin_ss/sc View Post
does anyone know af a shop in Indiana that can tune my car?? i was goin to buy the hp tuners program with my tax check but it sounds like ti will take forever to learn the system and how to's..

What do you have done that you want a tune?

Even when you use a shop to tune the will still most likely use a handheld for downloading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in