Cobalts SS banner

New to Colbalt

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  BlackDragonSS 
#1 ·
Hi guys, Looking at getting a 07 SS this weekend( Will know if the deal works today) But just curious on how well these are respond to mods?? This is not my first FI car( All turbos before) and I did not know to much about the supercharger.:( So what would the first mod be, Best bang for buck??? **** stage kit? I know turbo cars you get a nice HP bunp with just a boost controler and some exhaust work are these the same? Thank you for all and any info you guys can give me.. Noob.. LOL

#2 ·
With these cars, its all about tuning. You can do the basics i.e. Intake, Exhaust, Injectors, Cooling. None of this will really help you though without a proper tune. When done properly, these mods will really wake your car up. Everything is controlled through the computer though, including boost.

#5 ·
If your not worried about warranty, then that's a good place to start. Stage kits sold outside the dealer usually put out more power than what GM sells. If you do want warranty kept, then you will have to go through the dealer. Aftermarket intake and cat-back exhausts will help you as well and will not void warranties

#9 ·
stage 1 kit is prety much just a chip programer. you can find it at autoanything.com its the vortex by superchips. this will give you 40 more hp setting you at 300 hp. also you can do custom tunes with it and use it on more than one car. it's the best bang for your buck.

#10 ·
hes supercharged there guys also i agree zzp is fast but id go **** stage 2 its really better then zzp plus i like smooth better then zzp pulleys and i think **** tunes are better make sure you ship your pcm to them in order to get a better tune

#11 ·
What to do

Hey guys, just got my 07' Cobalt SS/SC. Looking to put some mods on it. Is the "Stage 2 Kit" really only $500 with installation and ecu recalibration?? Also would like to get and intake and exhaust. Don't want a REALLY loud exhaust. Any suggestions. Also will be purchasing headlights soon (Halo HID Projection). Don't know what housing to go with though?? Chrome or Black?? I see most people put the black ones on. My car is a dark red color, thinkin the black would look good no matter what color the car is. Hit me back with some opinions

#12 ·
HID's are really expensive when they need to be replaced. Magnaflow sells some pretty good stuff. I'd seriously go with the Hahn 3" Catback and DP they seem to be a pretty good sound

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.