Calling Bullshit! - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Calling Bullshit!

Well here's the deal i just got my stage 3 kit on my ss/sc and i love it, but in the spring and summer a bunch of people hang out at night with there car's and shit but there is one other guy with a ss/sc he tell everyone he is pushing 420hp out of his car now i've looked at it there is no turbo or nos so is he telling the true or should i call him out to race me, now he says he has internals done but i dont want look like a jackass in front of every body if i call him out and he leaves me in his dust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 09:30 AM
The HepKitty

don't be scared.... race him...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I built moter isnt really going to make a differents, besides you can run it harder, boost more, and spray or if its board out. right?

Look iam not scared to race anyone. I have even tried to race a viper. Did i win? NO But i still went for it, never know he might have 420, unlikely but you never know. I say go for it.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Contributing User

lmfao !
call bs an an see if he'll run for money .racing for money shuts most bs'ers up . if he's really 420 i'm interested in what he done to get there .
or you could jus race find out .......

new toy an new build for 2010 :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBalt View Post
Well here's the deal i just got my stage 3 kit on my ss/sc and i love it, but in the spring and summer a bunch of people hang out at night with there car's and shit but there is one other guy with a ss/sc he tell everyone he is pushing 420hp out of his car now i've looked at it there is no turbo or nos so is he telling the true or should i call him out to race me, now he says he has internals done but i dont want look like a jackass in front of every body if i call him out and he leaves me in his dust
stage 3 ? ... take it to the track this summer an post #'s . i'm curious what a stage 3 runs , haven't seen anyone post stae 3 times here yet .

new toy an new build for 2010 :
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
high 12s.....

I say run him, If you lose that hey dont feel bad, but i would call BS on this too, Its hard for the SC to get over 350, let alone 420hp. I have only hurd of 2 SC getting that far. But i dont know they guy so i cant tell you what he has.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 10:47 PM

Garage
If he is the only little kid claiming that his car makes 420hp with no paper or visual mods, then the guy is just adding more hot air to his head.

Just race the guy and if you lose then too bad. Take it and know where you need to improve for the next time.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Banned

ok first not to say he has 430 cause honestly i doubt he does on an lsj thats a really hard number even with a turbo. so like 99.99 percent he doesnt. your stage 3 from who so like 2.8 and 60s with h/e and tune? if so your no where near 12's like someone here said your maybe high 13s if you know how to drive

however i assume you saw his engine? depending on what he did to fully build it could add upwards of 50-70hp depending on the specs and what he bored it to. Second if you didnt see the engine you dont know if he has nos or not. because it doesnt take much to hide the b***le in are cars. 3rd run him cause im sure he doesnt have any of this except maybe nos and if you lose so what you had the balls to run him
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Thanks guys i think i will call bs because this past summer i just got my ss/sc and was new to it and he said he had gm stage 2 and said he was boosting 20+ pounds and then i seen the motor i know he didnt have a turbo but nos he could of had but didnt tell anybody who knows,
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Also I think he is just one of those guys that talk a lot of shit and then everyone is scared to race him, And another ? I do have a 2.8 pulley with 60# inj and im boosting 19 psi is that about right, because i was expecting like 15 or 16 psi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode