so... read and comment.. - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

so... read and comment..

well back in november i was in a very bad car accident and i had a 08 silverado ext cab. lets just say when it was done looked like an earnhart/andretti crash combined. the truck was totaled, it hit the wall head-on and truck spun and hit the wall some more. they said i bent the frame like all the way from the front of the truck to the rear-axel mark..
so with the insurance money paid off the truck and laid down 5k on a 09 cobalt LS. i thought to myself hey ima get a car.. will be cheaper on gas and note wont be very high. was plannin for the future cause im back in college now and i werk 20 to 40 hours a week so im not making as much money as i used to. but being that i made like a lil over 30k last year im getting 2k back for income tax, after i pay my warrants off im gunna buy some rims and maybe a bodykit and threw time i want to get more things like seats, system, different steering wheel, different shifterknob .. lil accessories like that. I plan on keeping this car for a long time. Ive always wanted a project car and later i wanna turn this into a project car.. i should have it paid off within 2 or 3 years so .. i plan on keeping it and getting something else after its paid off.. but im wondering mainly tho
it being an LS trim model. what will i have to do to make it an SS or should i not bother.. and then i know, im just not sure what route i should take .. in all in all id like to make it a very fast car.. preferbly 12s id shoot for 11s if god may. if anyone has any guidance and advice for me.. id love it ... ty everyone

Last edited by paperbagofwater; 02-24-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
well its good to hear you make it out of accident and all. So now yo got a LS and you want to fix it up, Well there are a quite a few parts for the LS but however not that much more for the SS. If you want to start looking www.turbotechracing.com has a some parts for the 2.2 modle. The only problem i see with your list is your steering wheel. As it would be nice to change it, but then you loose your airbag. I have only seen one aftermaret steering wheel to hold an airbag, but it wasnt for the cobalt. Its up to you but that is one thing i would keep stock. The rest would be up to you. If you want a SS and fix it up i would say buy an SS. Its already set up to hold HP. But there are people that fix up and make somewhat fast LS, But your going to be putting alot more money into it trying to make it an SS as you would buying a real SS.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

so...

in best idea's it just be best to keep it an LS and mod it heavily as much as possible... it be cheaper and i might get pretty fast but not as fast as SS that is all modded..

hmm im not too worried about an airbag. ppl say they save lives and some say they can also hurt you worse.. im just in the middle but i know in my wreck the airbags deployed and i was never touched by them.. and i believe its because i sit very much leaned back...

so.. any other suggestions?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
put a level 5 hahn turbo kit on it and you should be ready to rock. Thats should get you all the power you wil need.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

alright ill try it out
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

every where i have seen it says thats only for the SS model... im lookin for something for something for the 2009 LS xfe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in