ZZP Stage 2 kit for my 2007 Cobalt SS/SC - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to 1fastSSCob
ZZP Stage 2 kit for my 2007 Cobalt SS/SC

Ok I just seen it is on sale for 199.99, originally I was just going to get the Injen CAI but this seems to be cheaper with more power outputs. What confuses me is the option they have with the Shorter belt, oversized tensioner pulley and the adjustable tensioner....should I just get a shorter belt and what is the difference between all of it and the best to go with? Hopefully this sale goes for awhile so I can get my Injen CAI as well. Also I'm stumped where to go for a tune and whats the best tune with that little bit of upgrades? Thank you in advance =D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 11:42 AM

Most people opt for the shorter belt.

I recommend against the injen intake as it's smaller than the 3" available and the ZZP 3" intake is $200. The ZZP doesn't cause the idle issues the injen can either.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Is there no solution to the idle issue the Injen CAI causes? The Injen definitely produces more hp/tq for than the zzp shows and is only 30$ more. The Injen claims 17hp/16ft lbs tq and the ZZP Shows the dyno with actual whp with hp increase of about 9 idk if that is what injen claims get to the wheels(which I highly doubt)if it isn't how much would actually transfer to the wheels rough estimate

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Contributing User

The pcm that comes with the kit is already tuned, also i have the injen cai on my stage 3 and i have the idle problem no answer on how to fix it yet
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Damn that sucks, how bad of an idle problem is it? Very eradtic or is it very minor and does it cause the car to stall?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

I hear this Intake hits the 2007 SS' brake lines? I have the 07 does anyone know how much the brake lines have to be bent to clear this?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 04:12 AM
Banned

first off um personally if you got a grinder id say go with the larger ten pully because you pay extra for a belt and if you decide to go lower ur going to need one anyway and the larger pulley works for 2.6 im proof with the stock belt. I had slippage with a 2.7 pulley on the stage 2 belt

Second ship in your pcm so you dont have to do a crank case relearn. Which is about 100-300 depending on your chevy dealer.

3rd go 3 inch i already answered your question about it and just incase you didnt see your good to go.

Also idk why your not going with stage 3 its much better for your car. our AIT are lower with the larger fmhe. also a gain is about 20-25 more wheel

Last edited by winkdogydog101; 03-09-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode