ZZP 3inch CAI for Cobalt SS/SC vs. any other options - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to 1fastSSCob
ZZP 3inch CAI for Cobalt SS/SC vs. any other options

I was thinking of originally getting the Injen CAI, but I have since read that it causes unsolved rough idle issues which turns me off right away(which makes me think that it could be you need a thr***le body or fuel upgrade but I could be wrong)So I was looking at the ZZP Cobalt CAI 3 inch with the option of powder coating....does anyone have that installed on their Cobalt SS/SC? If so would you say it is the best for the application or is there better? Thank you in advance =D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 03:33 PM

This post is*very*informative.*Thank you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 10:43 PM
Contributing User

3 in is to big unless youre going for a fully built motor with a TVS 1900.
A normal K&N intake doesn't even help, just sounds good. Stock is perfectly fine unless youre looking for the sound factor out of it.
I put the K&N on my redline just to hear her whine, because why not?

Billy
Louisiana
2003 Saturn Ion-1
2006 Saturn Ion Redline

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-24-2015, 09:24 AM

I have a 2007 Cobalt SS and it has a rough idle issue that I need help with. I bought the car in March of this year and it had the issue then (the young Navy girl didn't know what the cause was). I read somewhere on the forum about a CAI (I think that means Cool Air Intake). Maybe that's what the issue is with my car, I don't know. I just had a recall repair done on my fuel tank, fuel pump and a fuel pipe. The car will idle when I start it up now (it didn't before). Once I drive it, it will not idle on it's own (I have to keep up the rpm's or it will die out). When it shuts off, it takes 3 to 5 minutes of constant tries to start it up again (that has been a serious issue with other drivers behind you in traffic) :-(
I really need some help here, if anyone can shed some light on what's going on.

Thanks in advance,
Rodney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in