ZZP 3" CAI Installed *2 days later CEL* - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to 1fastSSCob
ZZP 3" CAI Installed *2 days later CEL*

I installed everything properly, there are no leaks, filter isn't clogged there is no loss in power.....im guessing either the thr***le body could be dirty or the Sensor that attachs to the intake(I believe it is called the MAF sensor)which I installed with the arrow pointing the same way as the air flows(which I think is the right way?) If someone could tell me any possible ideas that would be great, thinking of putting my factory one back on to see if the CEL goes away or go to Autozone and use their computer deal to see what code is being thrown. As always thank you in advance =D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Contributing User

may have damaged the maf on install... could be like my gf's vibe and the gas cap wasnt on tight enough, stupid gas cap

09 White LSD 4 Door SS
GMPP Stage Kit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hahn intake, charge pipes, and cat back
ttr motor mount, CIA downpipe
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Don't know how I would have damaged the MAF on install...I pulled it out and then put it right into the zzp cai tube tightened it down, I did not set it down touch the metal plate blow on it, literally from one to the other right away...I don't think the MAF is damaged or it would have probably been instant CEL.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Ok the Code:

P0496

Evap Emission High Purge Flow Fault

What the heck is that suppose to mean, is it because the system isn't used to so much air intake and it made it throw a code?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastSSCob View Post
Ok the Code:

P0496

Evap Emission High Purge Flow Fault

What the heck is that suppose to mean, is it because the system isn't used to so much air intake and it made it throw a code?
From doing a bit of reading it looks like an emissions code that has nothing to do with your intake.
From what other people with that code are saying the dealer should be able to take care of that for you for free as long as your still under warranty.

Hope that helps.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 10:02 AM

Garage
That code is thrown by the purge valve connected to the supercharger.

At least that is what I got when I took it to the dealer and that is what they replaced. ^^ Hes right, it should be a warranty issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode