07 cobalt SS/sc *CEL* Code: P0496 - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2010, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to 1fastSSCob
07 cobalt SS/sc *CEL* Code: P0496

Evap Emission High Purge Flow Fault is what read out on the little computer deal at advance auto parts. The CEL came on 2 days after I installed the ZZP 3" CAI...I had the guy clear it but what I'm not sure what the exact problem is. Makes me not want to even put anymore freakin performance to the car if there is goin to be a problem everytime...only has 23k miles on it. If you need anymore information just ask I'll give you what I know. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2010, 03:55 AM

I have the exact problem, however i have a stock intake. I replaced the purge solenoid (which you might wanna look into) Was like $50 from the dealer, takes 5mins to replace. Or also could be the fuel cap.

I still have that code, however i believe my fuel pump may be bad. Its making a whining noise...
Old 03-24-2010, 04:22 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Where is the purge solenoid located? I had the code cleared and it never came back but it now seems as if my gas mileage is shot...an image of where it is located would be well appreciated. Thank you.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:34 AM

I cannot find a pic, but look at your engine. On the right side of the engine, just to the left of the fuse box you will see a metal line and the solenoid. Has two clips, front and rear, and a connector. You cannot miss it.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Well I had the code reset and the CEL hasn't come back yet but I have noticed I lost gas mileage is it due to that solenoid?
Old 03-24-2010, 06:31 PM

Honestly i dont know. Mine wasnt affected that i know of. It will probably come back. It will usually never kick on while you are driving. The ECU doesnt do EVAP checks when the car is running usually, only while the car is off. Every time the P0496 code has come on my car, that has been the case. Always on start up.

It seriously takes 2mins to replace. Might as well try.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Oh well mine happened while driving someone over on .net mentioned oxygen sensor reset and having to drive the car a certain way to reset it...he explained it I just have to read it a few times and then go somewhere to try it I may try his way first and if nothing happens then ill replace the solenoid...if worse comes worse ill put the factory intake back on and then take it in haha
Old 01-22-2015, 06:19 PM

A great*exchange of information.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Prikfireyw; 03-05-2015 at 07:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in