Double heatexchanger - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Double heatexchanger

Wondering if anyone has ran a aftermarket heatexchanger with the factory one on the 2.0 SS? If so how hard is it to do and how much of a difference would it make to run it that way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Contributing User

Really easy to do. It will mount up behind your lower grill to factory locations. You then just run hoses in series with your factory heat exchanger.

You will see a substantial decrease in IAT and coolant temperatures. Your S/C won't get as hot and therefore won't heatsoak your engine and rob power

2007 SS/SC
O T T P TVS Stage 3 w/ 2.9" & 80# inj., ZZP 3" CAI, ZZP Stainless Mid-Length Header w/ 3" Catted DP, ZZP Stainless 3" Magnaflow Cat-Back, O T T P Heat Exchanger, Opt B, TTR Upper Engine Mount
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Contributing User

yea u just take your bumper off and remove your headlights then there is a front brace take that off 2 bolts on top 2 on b***om then the heat exchanger goes rit back in the holes the brace hooks 2 then run your hoses then run your car fill it with dax untill it fills up there is a bleeder valve on top of stock heat exchanger take it out to bleed it be careful its just shitty aluminum IT WILL STRIP pm me if u have any more ?s i just put mine on O u will have to keep filling the supercharger fill for a like to or three days just a lil bit though to make sure u have a enough the s3 heat exchanger is what i bought it holds 2 courts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode