09 Cobalt SS CryO2 question as with other questions - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

09 Cobalt SS CryO2 question as with other questions

Hey guys just wanted to find out more information about the CryO2 kit for the Cobalt. For somereason theres a big problem with people getting there story straight with the gains of it. Now ive done some research as with anything new i find out, and i get a Horse power increase with CryO2 kit of 40+ from certain sources (people, forums and websites) and i also get HP gains of 10+ from other sources (people, forums and websites) which is it. This is what i have, GMST1 290hp 340trq and then Injen CAI with Injen Intercooler charge pipes. Now what do you think i would get from the CryO2 Kit. Im guessing i should have about 310hp (guessing) on the car and want a little more with out braking the bank. What should I do, any suggestions, and answers on the CryO2 kit. Thanks guys

09 SS cobalt black
Halos and 8000k head lights and fog lights
35% tints all the way round
Hahn CAI, Charge pipes, Catted Down Pipe.
GMST1 now Trifecta switchable tune 2011 spring
8000k lights all the way round

My 09 Chevy cobalt SS =16k
10 WRX STI = 33k
I can make my car RWD or AWD and also drop a Turbo for the amount of difference in prices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Contributing User

First of all, which Cry02 kit are you looking to get? The one that sprays the C02 into your intake or the one that sprays it on the intercooler?
Either way (I don't KNOW for sure but my 2 cents) I don't think you'd see 40HP gains from it...i mean seriously...that's almost a 50 shot of NOS simply from cooling intake air down....no...sorry.

ANYWAY, I could see 15 - 20 HP maybe...
But the price of those kits....do yourself a favor and buy a tune...for possible less money than the Cry02 kits...and get WAY more ALL THE TIME power...not just when you push a button for a few extra horses...

That's just my 2 cents tho...
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Well thats what im saying, is it worth it. I have the GMST1 which is 2 maps and a reflash of the ecu. now that being said dont you think that the car ecu would see the drop in temp and throw more fuel. Now im not trying to battle anyone on this because hey its a forum and im asking a question. Sure i would like to have more power for cheaper price. The CryO2 10lb shot which is $400 possibly 40 bucks cheaper on Ebay that would be hooked up to a Intercooler sprayer which would freeze the intercooler.. Now i understand 10 - 20 hp gains (very likely than 40) but some crazy crap i have been seeing on some SRT4s and WRX/STI are amazing when it comes to stupid stuff having a immense effect. What ALL THE TIME power would you recommend after a CAI charge pipes and Ecu reflash? or would anyone recommend

09 SS cobalt black

10 WRX STI = 33k
I can make my car RWD or AWD and also drop a Turbo for the amount of difference in prices.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Contributing User

Well the GM re flash is NOTHING compared to a ZZP or Trifecta tune...the GM flash is weak...

Full 3" exhaust from header back would be nice for you...that, with your existing mods and a ZZP or Trifecta tune would EASILY put you in the 300+HP range.

After that you'll need to start looking into a better clutch.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Well i have to say that I have done research on the ZZP Hahn another smaller company tune set up and they either push slightly over 290hp (but no trq spec) and with the GM its 290 with 340trq including a warrant which is 12m 12000 mile or the balance of the bumper to bumper warranty which i have alot left of. Now me considering the tunes yea ofcourse the car with get better results with other places but im slightly behind there turn outs with the GM tune also with a warranty. I pick the warranty now and will mess with it more when it expires. yeah i know that you can put the car back to normal set up with the Hahn and ZZP but im getting a DISCOUNTED price on the GM one so Im gonna stick with the GMst1 right now. but i was also reading up on an 3" exhaust and i might just go to a local trustworthy exhaust shop and have them put in a 3" exhaust. Do you think i should get a different down pipe? Hahn perferably? and what kind of muffler should i get, anything that sounds mean but not cop annoying

09 SS cobalt black

10 WRX STI = 33k
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Contributing User

I ahve the ZZP Catless 3' downpipe...i love it.
Myself as well as a lot of other guys here are running 3" exhaust systems with no mufflers and no resonators. Yes, it is loud. No, cops won't say anything if you grandmaw drive it around cops....under 2K rpms and not getting on it it isn't loud at all.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Contributing User

I have a complete 3" Vibrant system and it is very loud and it has a resonator and muffler.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
ok you want to know about the Cry02 kit.

well here is a video of my car with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XklMe0l1Vs

I will tell you that your not going to see much, and then you have to think about the c02 getting into your intake whitch isnt very good, because its not combustable. so you will lose hp.

these work on the sti's so well because there intake is low and there intercooler its on top of there motor. so when sprayed its not getting into there intake.
I have had no luck with this system. Its good if you can make you intake go somwhere else, but you cant. now if you just want to look kool, then get it. but hp wise its going to hurt you more then help.

If you want to get your intercooler cold, while drag racing. get a few bags of ice and place it on your intercooler between runs.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Ok well heres some updates from a SRT 4 guy that i hang out regularly, IM CALLING HIM OUT ON THIS SHIT RIGHT NOW. I found out that 75% of people say hey its not a good idea because of the intake problem becuase Co2 isnt combustible so you will extinguish the flame inside. But HE CLAIMS that DYNO PROVEN 31hp with new intake and exhaust... What ever. I believe that you can get hp on it but thats saying that when you start your car in the cold you do as well. 20 degree below and the car runs awesome once its warmed up and just breathing the really cold temp air. Ok well im going to just not do it. Any thing bad about having a Exhaust shop install a 3" exhaust i hear its going to cost around 200 - 300 bucks... any one object to that?

09 SS cobalt black

10 WRX STI = 33k
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Contributing User

Nope. $200-$300 sounds about right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode