why?..... - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

why?.....

my supercharger is suppose to be pushing 12 pounds of boost and ive only been able to get it to 7 or 8 is there anyway you can turn up the boost like on turbo chargers or no?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 11:35 AM
Contributing User

A lot of how much boost your car sees is based on where you live...what's sea level are you at?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Contributing User

You can increase the boost through a tune but as bruceg said there are a lot of factors as to how much boost you make.

08' SRTC SS
Mods :: GMS1 KIT/TRIFECTA SELECTABLE TUNE :: CIA Catted DP :: CIA CP :: K&N Drop-in ::
TRIFECTA PERFORMANCE DEALER - ERIE, PA
(100 miles from Buffalo, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh)

PM FOR TUNE/DETAILS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 05:13 PM
Contributing User

its a supercharged car, get a smaller pulley

09 White LSD 4 Door SS
GMPP Stage Kit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hahn intake, charge pipes, and cat back
ttr motor mount, CIA downpipe
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 05:16 PM
The HepKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Bullet-Banta View Post
its a supercharged car, get a smaller pulley
correct, and with a smaller pulley you probably need bigger injectors and of course a tune...

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Contributing User

Your elevation must be pretty high for only 7 or 8 lbs of boost. I was at 1500ft making about 10 or 11 when it was stock. May be a vacuum leak somewhere or your ECU needs to be reflashed

2007 SS/SC
O T T P TVS Stage 3 w/ 2.9" & 80# inj., ZZP 3" CAI, ZZP Stainless Mid-Length Header w/ 3" Catted DP, ZZP Stainless 3" Magnaflow Cat-Back, O T T P Heat Exchanger, Opt B, TTR Upper Engine Mount
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 03:21 AM

Re: why?.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdemeritt View Post
my supercharger is suppose to be pushing 12 pounds of boost and ive only been able to get it to 7 or 8 is there anyway you can turn up the boost like on turbo chargers or no?
Because of the different factors like lack of push. I think you should boost it up in a turbo chargers so that it will create additional energy.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 11:40 AM

I don't believe elevation should have an effect on boost psi. I live in Salt Lake 4500ft and I still run 12psi boost stock. The elevation will affect power output because of a lack of oxygen (ie oxygen being the thing that supports combustion) in the air. The supercharger will take in a volume and compress it regardless of what elevation it is run at. Things like temperature and humidity have so much more a drastic affect on air density that elevation alone would not be a factor. The key point here.....lack of power at high elevation due to oxygen content...not air density/boost ability. This is at least what I recall...4 years of schooling about things like this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Contributing User

7-8 psi something is not right your by pass solinoid may be messed up search ************* for boost bypass mod

have you taken your sc off

next step isa leak down test does your car hit a constant 7-8 psi or does it flutter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode