Cobalts SS banner

why?.....

4K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  LPE G85R 
#1 ·
my supercharger is suppose to be pushing 12 pounds of boost and ive only been able to get it to 7 or 8 is there anyway you can turn up the boost like on turbo chargers or no?

#3 ·
You can increase the boost through a tune but as bruceg said there are a lot of factors as to how much boost you make.

#6 ·
Your elevation must be pretty high for only 7 or 8 lbs of boost. I was at 1500ft making about 10 or 11 when it was stock. May be a vacuum leak somewhere or your ECU needs to be reflashed

#8 ·
I don't believe elevation should have an effect on boost psi. I live in Salt Lake 4500ft and I still run 12psi boost stock. The elevation will affect power output because of a lack of oxygen (ie oxygen being the thing that supports combustion) in the air. The supercharger will take in a volume and compress it regardless of what elevation it is run at. Things like temperature and humidity have so much more a drastic affect on air density that elevation alone would not be a factor. The key point here.....lack of power at high elevation due to oxygen content...not air density/boost ability. This is at least what I recall...4 years of schooling about things like this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.