Need Help With Getting More Power!!!! - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Need Help With Getting More Power!!!!

Ok guys, I know there are alot of you (if not all of you) that know the top things to do to the 09 Cobalt SS turbo that gives you that kick to make your smile go from ear to ear. Im looking to do the same to my car as well, but I just have some cosmetics that make other tuner guys get intimidated when seeing the halos with the 8000k fog lights that just makes them think im pushing something. Well now instead of me just hanging back when they speed off wanting some, I want to be able to walk the walk as well. Dont get me wrong Ive race plenty of people but i try not to pull up against others at red lights and reving crazy style to get there attention. What are some GREAT things to do with the car. I have the GMst1 ECU flash with a Injen INTAKE but am thinking of going HAHN all the way round with the full blown exhaust, Intake and Charge Pipes.. Good Idea? any problems with HAHN except for there outrageous prices?

09 SS cobalt black
Halos and 8000k head lights and fog lights
35% tints all the way round
Hahn CAI, Charge pipes, Catted Down Pipe.
GMST1 now Trifecta switchable tune 2011 spring
8000k lights all the way round

My 09 Chevy cobalt SS =16k
10 WRX STI = 33k
I can make my car RWD or AWD and also drop a Turbo for the amount of difference in prices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
tune, intercooler upgrade, exhaust, downpipe, And i have all hahn stuff besides the intercooler. and love it, never had a problem with anything i got from them. Go thru Turbotechracing.com for the best prices from hahns
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 09:18 AM
Contributing User

yes go through turbotechracing let them deal with hahn, i ordered straight from hahn for my cat back and it came all scracthed up like someone dragged in on the floor, i called hahn to try and work something out and our argument dragged over onto css.net and i got band for 6 months, great products crappy customer service deal with TTR

09 White LSD 4 Door SS
GMPP Stage Kit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hahn intake, charge pipes, and cat back
ttr motor mount, CIA downpipe

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoal*boy View Post
tune, intercooler upgrade, exhaust, downpipe, And i have all hahn stuff besides the intercooler. and love it, never had a problem with anything i got from them. Go thru Turbotechracing.com for the best prices from hahns
Ok, well I already have the GMst1, how much more could I get from another tune, Yes I know when i get everything done I should get a tune again. But the car does learn a little bit about what you put on it since its able to see what is going in and what is going out ,ect ,ect. I seen the ZZP tune and it seems good but like i said how much more would i get after the GMst1 because they are basically the same (ZZP claims more HP but no trq spec, while GMst1 is warrantied and need 93octane). Thanks again

09 SS cobalt black

10 WRX STI = 33k
I can make my car RWD or AWD and also drop a Turbo for the amount of difference in prices.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 07:12 AM
Contributing User

93 Octane gas is necessary for all the tunes out there.

Do yourself a favor and look into other companies like Dejon and ZZPerformance before spending loads of money on Hahn stuff. Their stuff is nice, but other companies have just as good quality for a LOT less money.

I'm sure a ZZP tune or Trifecta tune would yield QUITE a bit more power than the GM tune... I've never had it, but others who have said it's a huge difference...

I have the ZZP tune, full 3" exhaust, intake, and upgraded intercooler piping....HUGE HUGE difference over stock!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Dejon!!!

Hey does anyone not like Dejon for any reason. They have resonable prices for everything. Like any one else to say good or bad about them!!!
thanks

09 SS cobalt black

10 WRX STI = 33k
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 09:18 AM
Contributing User

I have their intake and intercooler piping...easy installation and looks great since they powder coat it all
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Contributing User

only bad thing i have heard about dejon was the bov spring upgrade not being worth your time or money

09 White LSD 4 Door SS
GMPP Stage Kit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hahn intake, charge pipes, and cat back
ttr motor mount, CIA downpipe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode