Clutch/Flywheel questions - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to 1fastSSCob
Clutch/Flywheel questions

Does anyone have the clutch/flywheel kit:
Cobalt / G5 Centerforce DF Dual Friction Clutch Kit DF010249

If so, how is it because I'm sick of my factory clutch slipping when I decide to get on it. I just experienced slippage from 2nd all the way through 3rd it was the lamest thing ever...can't believe they put the SS logo on these cars lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastSSCob View Post

If so, how is it because I'm sick of my factory clutch slipping when I decide to get on it. I just experienced slippage from 2nd all the way through 3rd it was the lamest thing ever...can't believe they put the SS logo on these cars lol.
No, more like I can't believe they put these sorry clutches IN our SS's

-ZZPerformance 3" catless downpipe
-ZZPerformance tune (21PSI)
-Dejon short ram intake
-Dejon intercooler piping
-Full 3" custom exhaust
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Ya the clutches are sorry, but I mean if they are going to make something with a Super Sport logo on it why would they put junk clutches in these cars? I should have done more research before I bought this thing, really didn't want to drop money and my time to install a clutch/flywheel lol. Should have spent the money on my 72 Chevelle SS, although it will be a cloned SS it will still out last these cars, well it already really has haha....but not to go off topic, was wondering if anyone has that clutch kit installed and will it void the factory warranty..I still have both bumper 2 bumper and power train warranties. Thanks =D

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Contributing User

I would have to believe that it would void your warranty. It is a non GM part. That’s just what I am thinking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Is there a GM Clutch that is better then these pos factory ones?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 10:54 PM

Garage
Well not to sound like a jackass but here where I am at, if you bring the part into the dealer to have them install it themselves, they will save your warranty.

Just ask and try to see if they let you do that first, then if not, have another shop do it correctly. Dealer will charge you 9 hours of labor to install which translates to about $1,200 but will be covered as far as labor, not parts. A small shop will maybe charge less, depending where you go.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 07:49 AM
Contributing User

It shouldn't void your warranty.
Basically for your warranty to be voided they have to prove that whatever part you installed was the direct result of whatever it is that broke on your car.

For example: You get a bigger turbo and re tune to say 25 PSI and your connecting rod breaks and now you have a hole in your motor. The factory will say HELL NO we're not warrantying that motor...but if you were with stock turbo/stock boost etc. They would have no choice.

-ZZPerformance 3" catless downpipe
-ZZPerformance tune (21PSI)
-Dejon short ram intake
-Dejon intercooler piping
-Full 3" custom exhaust
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 03:15 AM

Re: Clutch/Flywheel questions

Quote:
Cobalt / G5 Centerforce DF Dual Friction centerforce Clutch Kit DF010249

My friends have Cobalt / G5 Centerforce DF Dual Friction Clutch Kit DF010249. If you want some of these you could get it right away. Just let me know.

Last edited by tiresmokindad; 06-21-2010 at 01:05 PM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 01:31 PM
The HepKitty

Quote:

having been around muscle cars for the past 30 years. I can tell you, the Cobalt SS isn't the 1st car with the SS badges to have a clutch slip.

which btw, the clutch on my 2006 SS/SC has never slipped.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Contributing User

I beat my car on the road course and drag strip and my stock clutch is just fine.... I have seen some clutches go out but it wasn't the clutches fault.

The clutch is a wear item, if GM doesn't offer to replace it for FREE you can put any clutch in it you want. The OEM's had a problem denying warranties back in the 70's so the government created the Magnuson/Moss act of 1976. It covers everything....

Kind regards,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode