hahn racecraft - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to kromko52
hahn racecraft

guys i drive an 08 SS/tc and im really interested in buying the hahns intercooler piping to get rid of all the stock piping but keeping the stock intercooler will this throw a check engine light if i put it on cuz i hate the stock plastic POS piping
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
no it will not.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Contributing User

nope i have the pipes and no check engine light has been thrown

09 White LSD 4 Door SS
GMPP Stage Kit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hahn intake, charge pipes, and cat back
ttr motor mount, CIA downpipe

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

ight well heres another question for ya i bought a greddy BOV for the piping do i need a tune for that and if i do where can i get one for it? so im not running rich or w.e
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Contributing User

dont bother with a BOV its going to cause you problems, you have to get a plate to block off your stock bpv and its going to throw a code and so on and so on, you dont need a bov tell you have a larger turbo anyway, if you want more sound take the snorkle off your air box, world of difference and you will be able to hear the bpv and the turbo it will sound like a bov

09 White LSD 4 Door SS
GMPP Stage Kit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Bullet-Banta View Post
dont bother with a BOV its going to cause you problems, you have to get a plate to block off your stock bpv and its going to throw a code and so on and so on, you dont need a bov tell you have a larger turbo anyway, if you want more sound take the snorkle off your air box, world of difference and you will be able to hear the bpv and the turbo it will sound like a bov
so id be better off just getting an intake and itd giv me the sound of a BOV plus hp but i need a tune for there where can i get one and i know some of these questions sound dumb im just trying to understand how things work in my car so i dont blow shit up
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 09:38 PM
Contributing User

totally understandable, unless you have an aftermarket tune or the GM stage kit anything you do to your vehicle will be a waste, there is a learn down feature built into the computer that will not let your car go above 260hp and 260tq, GM stage kit turns this learn down feature off, aftermarket tunes can just get red of it all together, but if you are just looking for the sound of a bov right now and dont want to waste your money on parts that wont do anything yet just take the snorkely off the intake its easy and only takes about an hour and its a world of difference as far as sound goes

09 White LSD 4 Door SS
GMPP Stage Kit

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromko52 View Post
guys i drive an 08 SS/tc and im really interested in buying the hahns intercooler piping to get rid of all the stock piping but keeping the stock intercooler will this throw a check engine light if i put it on cuz i hate the stock plastic POS piping
You'll be good to go! We have an 08' in here now with the Hahn charge piping and the OEM intercooler, no issues. We're installing the Hahn intercooler, K&N SRI (removing Hahn), Pedders coil overs, O.T.T.P rear 1" sway and more!

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. We also offer Hahn products. Have a good one and good luck!

Kind regards,
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I have pretty much everything hahns has for this care with no problems. I think hahns parts flow much better in looks and performance then any other company.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Bullet-Banta View Post
Not so true. You can run another BOV, but with the block off plate your going to run into compression surge. which isnt good for the turbo. Alot of guys around here uses the HKS with the stock BOV. Myself had the block off plate with the HKS and started getting compression surge. Once that happend i took off the block off plate and put the stock on back on with the HKS. Never did i throw a code or have g***en any compression surge. It just make the BOV alittle quiter, Which wasnt quite a bad thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode