please help very annoying. - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

please help very annoying.

ok so i got a intake for my b day a little bit ago and i got an ebay. but i put it on becuase i figure it should still work atleast a little bit.. so my problem is after i put it on my car is very jerky taking off and if im cruising around 3-4k rpm it feels like it starves for fuel for a second then fixes itself.. it throws a rich code. it throws a maf runing high.. an evap code.. and a emissions code.. i have a downpipe with high flow cat and 3" magnoflow catback. since i put the dp on it threw the emissions code.. its because of the high flow cat i believe.. but idk y its running rich.. i understand the maf runing high.. thats what an intake should do to it. i thought that my thr***le body was dirty or injectors were clogged. so i cleaned the thr***le body. and put a b***le of injector clean threw my tank. i havent had time to use the actual pump to clean them. i also changed my fuel filter thinking it was possible that because the intake give more power/air that if these things were dirty or clogged or bad that adding just a little bit more would make a noticble difference in driving. i have yet to check my plugs. does anyone think that could be an issue? my dad ( a mechanic for 25+ years) doesnt think so. he thinks that because its an ebay intake that the pipe length could be wrong causing the air to do wierd things. or the filter isnt good or something like that.. he wants me to take it off. and im going to if i cant figure a fix for it soon. but i love the sound it makes with the supercharger spining. and dont want that gone unless absolutly necassary.. thanks for the help. sorry its so long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

bumb bumb.. any have any ideas?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

anyone* ( now i cant just put anyone* th message is to short so i g***a type this so i can post it...)

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to TurboTechRacing
Throw it away and get an Injen. You cannot get just any intake for this car, they dont all work...

Injen is a very good intake, and we have them in stock, never an issue.

-Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

y cant u use any intake? arent the specs all the same? y would that matter?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

anyone know how to move this thread. i just realized i posted it in the classifieds.. sorry.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 09:25 PM
The HepKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2469 View Post
anyone know how to move this thread. i just realized i posted it in the classifieds.. sorry.
moved..........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 06:56 AM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to TurboTechRacing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2469 View Post
y cant u use any intake? arent the specs all the same? y would that matter?
No the specs are not the same, placement of the MAF sensor is critical, along with filter style and tube diameter.

You wont ever get rid of your issue unless you throw the Ebay junk a way. Everyone has problems with them, you cannot go cheap.

-Aaron

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Contributing User

What Aaron said. Replace that eBay unit with a good quality unit and your problems will go away. You get what you pay for. I have used the Injen for 4 years now with no problems.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

ok thnx guys. i did take it off i had g***en it for my b day so ya. but the problem seems to go away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode