Led rearveiew mirror lights! - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2010, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Led rearveiew mirror lights!

I bought a pair of led lights to replace my reverse lights, so I could actually see when I back up in the dark. Since there is a lack there of with the factory bulbs since I have aftermarket tinted led tail lights. And the are support to be 921 but they fit a 194, so WTF! Lol idk but anyway, so I replaced my map lights with them. And there light hid's. There amazing and bright, but when they dim and turn off they don't completely turn 100% off! They stay very slightly illuminated. I was wondering if anyone knows what I'm talking about or have done the same thing and have the same problem. I hope it doesn't kill my battery or burn my car to the ground. Any advise would be great. Thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2010, 08:07 AM
Contributing User

My friend has a SRT-4 and he has the same issue. He said what he had to do is put a resistor in series with the bulb because the car doesn't seem to like the resistance of the LED bulb. Do research online and they will tell you how to do it.

09 SS cobalt black
Halos and 8000k head lights and fog lights
35% tints all the way round
Hahn CAI, Charge pipes, Catted Down Pipe.
GMST1 now Trifecta switchable tune 2011 spring
8000k lights all the way round

My 09 Chevy cobalt SS =16k
10 WRX STI = 33k
I can make my car RWD or AWD and also drop a Turbo for the amount of difference in prices.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in