hp + trifeca. wich one? need help. - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

hp + trifeca. wich one? need help.

so i have a stock ecu. just wana basic tune it now cause i gota make it my daily driver but still be able to move traffic. my question is is hp tuners able to tune the whole ecu or is trifeca vs versa. OR can i tune both trifeca and hp on my stock ecu if one or the other doesnt pick up something? and is that good to do? questions. concerns and tune imput please. thnx guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 12:25 AM

i have trifecta and love it, its tuned for your car specifically. he sends you a generic tune then you data log and get it right for your car. with trifecta you also have hide a tune which hides it from the dealer and select a tune so you can run your car in stock mode or tuned with your traction control button in competitive mode. i would go with trifecta vince does a great job imo
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

my car still has a warrenty. but with all my mods i totally voided the drivetrain. do you recamend doing both and doing the hide or just hp? the local shop guy said hes waiting on the hp for another car he has to tune and said hp can tune my whole ecu pretty good. but then again i still have a body and minor b.s warrenty and thats how my car got messed up the first time. i took it for a recall on the power steering and they "serviced" and flashed me. those asshole. so now im stuck with the headache and whole in my pocket to retune it.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to kromko52
i say check into ZZP performance its only 199 for the tune and i love mine gives u 22psi raises the rev limiter to 7Grand and i totally think its worth it not putting trifecta down but i was told pretty bad things that its just some guy that does it in the garage and charged 400$ but its up to u i say ZZP FTW plus the dealer cant see u have this done
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 05:25 PM

Garage
You can also buy a Apexi piggy backs that will save you a lot more money instead of getting a tune every single time.... Just my opinion.

So every time that you add a part, then you tune for max power by just downloading the MAP.

Any questions about the Balt, all answered here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike82 View Post
i have trifecta and love it, its tuned for your car specifically. he sends you a generic tune then you data log and get it right for your car. with trifecta you also have hide a tune which hides it from the dealer and select a tune so you can run your car in stock mode or tuned with your traction control button in competitive mode. i would go with trifecta vince does a great job imo
100%agree but i got mine set to the curise control pushing abou 25 psi with 28 lb spikes set the rev limiter to 7grand and can even take off the cat warm up cycle Trifecta FTW best 300 bucks ive spent

2009 Chevy Cobalt SS TC
Trifecta Powered
1 of 100 4 door SS TC
2006 Chevy Silverado

Last edited by RAIDERNATION 433; 02-01-2011 at 10:41 AM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 07:48 AM

tuning info

hello all, previous member of cobalt ss with (RIP) 2007 SS. Now a member of HHR SS with 2010 silver. looking to get a trifecta tune. stock so far, man these bread wagons move! Name I got is Kyle Bennington out of Newburg NY. Anybody know? Guys at HHRSS.com think he is on this fourm. This was a great place for me in the Cobalt days. Thanks, 71vette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode