Need Help Choosing Exhaust Please! - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Need Help Choosing Exhaust Please!

Hey guys, I just got an '06 Cobalt SS Supercharged, and the person that had it before me put a full cat-back on it, and I'm not impressed at all. It's way too loud, even at idle. I think it may be a 3" pipe all the way back. And when you get on it, it's got that ricey rattle sound that's incredibly embarassing! So I'm looking to possibly just replace the muffler itself with a high quality, good, low, smooth rumble sound, that you can barely hear at idle, can sort of hear at maybe 2k-2,500 rpm's, and sounds really good w/ WOT. I've done some research, but I'm just not knowledgable enough for this stuff. I did come across a Magnaflow muffler that had good reviews, but I'm worried if I get one it will still be too loud? I'm not sure the current brand muffler I have now, but it's the circle one, not super cheap but still not high quality. I know this is a pretty vague post, but I'm just reaching out for some comments and suggestions on what you guys would recommend? Here is a link to the muffler I was curious about. Thanks for your help!!

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=main&id=9303

Last edited by tjd7687; 04-06-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 01:51 PM

Garage
2.5" OF this bad boy brand Not loud at all at idle, and at WOT sounds awesome not ricey....

Any questions about the Balt, all answered here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 03:26 PM

The ZZP 3" cat back is pretty good too. Very affordable and very well put together and doesn't make a horrible ricey sound even with bigger tubing. It's stainless steel and make sure to get the Magnaflow resonator if you do. Watch youtube videos of it to check it out.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 10:08 PM

i have a 06 ss non super charged u guys have any ideas on what exhaust i can use for my car?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 02:42 PM

Garage
Ditto from my last reply.

****2.5" OF this bad boy brand Not loud at all at idle, and at WOT sounds awesome not ricey....****

And I have added my DCsports headers and it gives it more of that unique purr that I was looking for at idle.

Any questions about the Balt, all answered here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by RedSStreak; 08-16-2011 at 02:44 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 01:11 AM

im new to this car, but my side exit exhaust sounds sick..
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 12:56 AM
Contributing User

Garage
been tossing around the thought of getting this for my cobalt

http://www.carid.com/2008-chevy-coba...rsa-84945.html

Mods To Come

- Blacked Out Rear Windows
- Halo Headlights/LED Tail Lights
- Intake, Header, Downpipe, Catback
- Supercharger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode