royal purple? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2011, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
royal purple?

So anyone know anything about royal purple oil? One of my buddys had told me about it and was saying it good for boosted cars. I want never used it or looked into it. Is it any good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2011, 03:57 PM

Garage
I use 5W30 Royal Purple and highly recommend it for any type of vehicle that is anything of performance. Worth the extra 4 bucks a quart compared to the standard oil competitor. Feels like it gives the car better economy and the oil comes out cleaner each time I change it.

Any questions about the Balt, all answered here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:05 AM
Contributing User

Garage
thats a touchy subject. bah i read up on it for like 2 hours a while ago and now i cant find all the info again . its a 50/50 thing some people use it never have issues. the other side do . its been proven if you use all there fluids it can give u a slight hp gain cause it does reduce friction. but i do remember hearing that it doesnt last near as long as people think. from what i read if i remember correctly royal purple doesnt stand up to heat nearly as well as mobile 1. i wish i could hunt all this info i found on it down. but at work so cant right now. like i said i was going to switch then something prevented me i cant remember exactly what it was it was something to do with the oils performance but like i said alot of people stand by it and love the stuff and never had issues. so its really a judgment call on your part. red uses it and says its good his recommendation is one to not overlook. god knows hes helpd me lool. but me personaly ima stay with mobil 1 atleast for now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

35% tint sides and rear
GM Sport pedals

Old 05-27-2011, 11:38 AM

Garage
I liked Mobile1 until I went with royal purple. Every 5k, I change my oil. And when I did with Mobil1, it came out really black meaning it was absorbing all the gunk and circulating it into my motor without letting it go into the filter. When I use Royal Purple, it comes out pretty clean and my filter is dirty meaning it did the job it was supposed to do. Same maintenance schedule but different outcome. HOWEVER, AMS oil owns all for performance.

Any questions about the Balt, all answered here:

Old 05-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Contributing User

Garage
yeah im not nocking RP . it holds true to its full fluid claim and such. but i just remember reading something on it that i didnt like so i didnt try it really just cant remember what it was.

35% tint sides and rear
GM Sport pedals
Old 05-30-2011, 10:46 PM
Contributing User

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
I had thought about it but decided to stick with M1, everytime I change it, it comes out looking great. So I figure why change, though I have been thinking about switching to amsoil.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:02 AM

Both are great oils. Just pick the one you are comfortable with. Me? I want to stick to the oil that's on the cap and Mobil 1 is a fairly trusted brand. It's a good thing you aren't going to stick in O'Reilly's synthetic though...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in