Nitrous - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2005, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Nitrous

Hey everyone, I am considering installing a small (maybe like 50 or 75 shot) of Nitrous (most likely dry shot from NOS Nitrous) however I have a few questions seings how this is the first car I would have nitrous on. Firstly I am leasing the car and was wondering if there would be a way to install the kit so if I had to un-install it there would have been no trace of having it on the car. Also which kit do you guys think would best fit our car? Would there be anything else I would have to purschase beside the kit (ie engine parts) or could I spray with a stock engine? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2005, 04:49 PM

I'm curious how well this car takes to N2O myself...free bump!
Old 07-31-2005, 05:33 PM

I'll let you know that after this friday. I got that guy w/ the yellow CSS talking trash and he "supposedly" has N2O on his car. I am wanting him to run once regular then once w/ nitrous to see the difference.

Old 07-31-2005, 07:39 PM

Not to hi-jack the thread but omega your sig is awsome
Old 08-01-2005, 12:19 AM

Exclamation Nitrous Now

Hey Guys,
This is my first post on hear but I have browsing for a couple weeks now. I currently have a yellow 05 SS and have begun my engine modification. In a few hours I will have installed my nitrous kit. It is the Zex Progressive Shot System, works it's way up to around 55 HP. My local performance guy suggested it and he has not lied to me yet. It has controls that will not allow it to run too lean or too rich and guarantees it's HP numbers. According to my local shop the supercharger will almost double the power from this nitrous. Not only will it cool the air allowing the supercharger to compress more and cooler air, there will be the HP gains from the actual n2o itself. I will post some pictures and time slips on friday, as that is our track day and we got rained out last weekend. Can't wait to try this out.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:35 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeySpicuzza
Hey everyone, I am considering installing a small (maybe like 50 or 75 shot) of Nitrous (most likely dry shot from NOS Nitrous) however I have a few questions seings how this is the first car I would have nitrous on. Firstly I am leasing the car and was wondering if there would be a way to install the kit so if I had to un-install it there would have been no trace of having it on the car. Also which kit do you guys think would best fit our car? Would there be anything else I would have to purschase beside the kit (ie engine parts) or could I spray with a stock engine? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks guys!
Go with a wet kit. And I would splurge for a window switch. You should be fine with a 50 shot, I don't know about 75, but I would try the 50 first. NX arguably has some of the best kits on the market, so you should check them out. Hope that helped a bit.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:38 AM
Contributing User

depends on where it's plumed on which kit you need correct? the way he was saying it would be in front of the blower, he should definitely use a dry, and not a wet
Old 08-01-2005, 12:39 PM

hey YELLOWSS who installing your kit? im hoping it doest rain on friday either. im going early so i can get a couple of runs in and reserve a spot.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasey13
Go with a wet kit. And I would splurge for a window switch. You should be fine with a 50 shot, I don't know about 75, but I would try the 50 first. NX arguably has some of the best kits on the market, so you should check them out. Hope that helped a bit.
Yes, I agree. Go with a smaller shot first to see how well it takes to it.
The wet/dry question is more a matter of safety. Wet is safer to run than dry since it's mixed in with the fuel, but then again like someone else posted it depends on where it's plumbed in.
There's a guy over here with a Firehawk running a God-knows-what-but-it's-damn-fast DRY shot. Of course, they also called him the "engine-killer" in a recent newspaper article.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Well I called a local vendor who sells and installs nitrous kits, and he said that the best kit for a supercharged car would be a wet shot, and that it didn't have to be direct ported and he said that it could easily be uninstalled if I needed to take the car in for warranty work or when I am turning it in when the lease is up, and he said that there would be no post evidence of it after it was uninstalled. His estimate was 1100 for a 50 wet shot installed, however I didnt ask him what kit that includes... i'll be going in with my car on Friday. He said that the switch can be installed in several different spots, or I could have an on off switch, when turned on and the gas floored all the way it sprays, which sounded good, but then again I burn through first so fast as it is I dont think I would be good enough at shifting in time so I'm not too sure yet. Anyone on this forum who has nitrous that could give me some pointers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in