What res/glasspack to use? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

What res/glasspack to use?

Ok, I've decided I want to change out my exhaust since it is stock and well too quiet . I'm gonna do it custom most likely do it all my self since I know a guy with a pipe bender. So, I was going to do 2.5" piping from cat back. Now I want to go magnaflow since I like the sound of magnaflow.

So the question is what length of resonator should I use? Just so you know I want it loud (love it), but to get rid of rasp! I was looking at a 18 inch glasspack think that is long enough?

Oh just so you know I'm using the glasspack as a resonator not as my muffler. Muffler is going to be a magnaflow race series muffler most likely. Anyway if anyone knows any info let me know! :-D

Last edited by natedawgss; 02-03-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-07-2012, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
What kinda car is it? S/C or T/C.

Also unless you want to sound like a little rice honda, i wouldnt get a glass pack, Thats what makes it sound raspy.....

If your going to be getting a custom exhasut, and you want it alittle loader i would get the shortest resonator you can find. I think magnaflow has an 15 inch, 3inch exhasut.

If you have a turbo you want to use 3 inch, 2.5 will give you back pessure, now if your have a S/C a 2.5 will be fine.

I was beat by RKRamos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode