want a 400WHP lnf cobalt? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to kromko52
want a 400WHP lnf cobalt?

ok so if anyone is planning on upgrading their turbos on their lnf cobalts dont set ur expectations higher than 400 cuz it aint happening idc if u throw a 68mm turbo on ur car wont happen the fueling system can handle up to 500 hp no problem BUT! there is a cam inside the fuel pump that would be put to the max at 400whp just to give some ppl some insight if theire planning on upagrading

435whp 402tq with the HAHN RACECRAFT SUPER 20G TURBO KIT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
not to sound like a pecker head, but thats not true. Almost but not 100%

Yes our cars fuel pump is ran by the cams system, you can reach over 450-500 on gas with our pump. Where the fuel lobe comes into play is when useing E85. E85 is cheaper, but also less MPG's due to it needing more fuel to run the car.

Pretty much, if you use pump gas you will be find to 400-500 hp, i know a few people with the 256 turbo on pump gas making over 490hp on stock cams,

How ever, if you plan on using e85 and pushing over 450 and plan on running more power later down the road, it would be smart to get a set of cams with a larger fuel lobe.

Kromko, as long as your on pump gas you will be fine running the Super20g.

I was beat by RKRamos.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

im not talking about the 2 cams in the engine apparently there is a cam inside of the fuel pump that really is pushing it to its limits around 400WHP but if we swap out that cam INSIDE the fuel pump will be good bill hahn also backed me up on this along with the tunner at PSIproformance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
No, its part of your intake cam. They make the lobe on the cam bigger to make it push more fuel. How ever like I said as long as your using pump gas you will be fine.

E85 uses about 30% more fuel then pump gas

I was beat by RKRamos.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoal*boy View Post
No, its part of your intake cam. They make the lobe on the cam bigger to make it push more fuel. How ever like I said as long as your using pump gas you will be fine.

E85 uses about 30% more fuel then pump gas
idk will find out today some of the performance companies are telling me its pushing the limit but ill find out when i get tuned today and post the numbers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode