Cobalts SS banner

Injen Cold Air Intake for Cobalt SS / SC.

8K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  jmc007 
#1 ·
Hi ! I was told today (by e-mail) by Injen that they will release their intake within the week for the Cobalt SS / SC. I cannot know if it's true, but that is what thet wrote to me. So stay tuned on their website. Have a nice day !!!

#3 ·
Yeah I saw in add for it in Import Tuner today. Anyone know if they have Dyno results on it? I know that K&N have about 8 HP and 7lbs/ft gains on theirs.

#4 ·
#6 · (Edited)
i already have the 2.2 intake in my car, i love it... but its a pain in the 2.2's cause i have to take the front bumper off and body kit to install the CAI portion. and every 30k miles of that (to clean the filter) will kill me so its only on short ram. i can still feel it good and sounds turely awsome. no doubt when they come out with it for ss/sc, you all will fn love it!!!!

#8 ·
Show Off said:
i already have the 2.2 intake in my car, i love it... but its a pain in the 2.2's cause i have to take the front bumper off and body kit to install the CAI portion. and every 30k miles of that (to clean the filter) will kill me so its only on short ram. i can still feel it good and sounds turely awsome. no doubt when they come out with it for ss/sc, you all will fn love it!!!!
you can't just remove the wheel and wheel well liner like we've been doing to get to the airbox on our ss's? where's the CAI portion go? into the fender well, correct? you shoud be able to just jack up the car, remove the wheel, remove the wheel well liner and it would be right there.

#9 ·
Probably the highest HP gain CAI for the Cobalt SS / SC ... VERY SOON !

HI ! You guys are better to stay tuned ; I gave another call at Injen today an succesfully talk to a tech person. They will release their CAI VERY SOON for the Cobalt SS / SC. It has been tuned with their new MR technology, for a safe air / fuel ratio. Look out the numbers the tech man said they achieved, for those who know Injen I think they are very capable of these numbers, espacially for a 200+ WHP car !

-17 WHP and 16 ft-lb torque ! Those are the highest numbers available right now !

They said the intake will be released this week in a couple of days !

Stay tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnned ))

I was going to order the Fujita one today, but I will WAIT again !

Look out (as an example) their limited ediution CAI for the WRX STI !

http://www.injen.com/rs1201_mkt.html

Have a nice day !

#13 ·
jmc007 said:
Neither Fujita or K&N Cold Air Intake for the Supercharged Cobalt SS need the wheel housing to be removed to run ! Don't know about the Injen, since it has not been released yet !
Sweet! I was reading through install how-to's, and they all say pull the wheel housing. I don't care about pulling it to install, I just want it in place when driving (Colorado winters). Thanks for the input :cool:

#17 ·
16sy16 said:
Sweet! I was reading through install how-to's, and they all say pull the wheel housing. I don't care about pulling it to install, I just want it in place when driving (Colorado winters). Thanks for the input :cool:
yea, you have to remove the liner for the install since there's really no other way to get to the intake, other then that you can still put the liner back on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.