Cobalts SS banner

New muffler and tip

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  A1RacingSS 
#1 ·
I chopped off the stock POS muffler, boy that thing's a POS, and put on a dynaflow or something, supposedly 33% more flow than a flowmaster, etc... and a new chrome tip, sounds excellent, looks excellent.

Pics and video to come tomorrow.

It took about 2 hours to do, about 50$ in parts.

#2 ·
I happen to like how the stock exhaust sounds on the SS. I test drove the 2.4L H.O. today and was pleasantly surprised with the low, clean tone.

I replaced both of the mufflers on my dads 2004 Monte Carlo SS with 2 Dynomax Super-Turbos. They're really nice. The thing has an amzazing idle now. It screams at WOT. I'd suggest it highly if you don't want you overall driving sound to change alot. Certainly NOT a loud "fireball" style muffler sound. Dynomax prides themselves on sounding OEM but with amazing flow. I'll buy it. I had one on my previous '89 Cadillac 4.5 and my dads 2004 Monte Carlo SS 3.8. Loved both of them.

:cool:

#5 ·
i put one of the Dynomax Super-Turbos on my 05 sc/ss and it sounds sooooo good! It sounds like the stock exhaust note but twice as loud. I kept the stock tip because it looks good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.