G5 GT turbo issues - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

G5 GT turbo issues

Hello all so I have an 07 G5GT that I have bolted a stock turbo from an SS and the piping and car is tuned with HP tuners and car passed smog the day after it was tuned 2 years ago. so my first issue:
A few months back the TB failed so I got another one and doing so forgot to disconnect the battery and now the idle is around 1800 rpms and I have driven over a thousand miles and still hasnt relearned , tried to lower it with a scanner and still nothing.
My second issue is a monitor , so the car was tuned two years ago and i hadnt had a problem until taking it in to have a smog done and all my monitors are set except the CAT wont ready , I have driven over a thousand miles and it still wont relearn and tried the drive cycle> to ad the car hadnt been touched or any work or tuning done since the first day it was tuned.
The third issue is I noticed oil in my my charge pipe and around the throttle body and from what ive read it can be a seal i the turbo or blow by and it doesnt smoke or anything so im guessing its blow by?
If theres any one out there that knows theses engines well and can help my out I will come to you I just want to figure this out and be able to drive the car worry free , if you can help me or can point me to a small shop please do thanks all!
Not sure if I posted this in the right place ...
Turbo yak is offline Report Post Edit Quote Multi Quote Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in