Nitrous.... - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Nitrous....

I currently have a 06 SS/SC and i had some questions about nitrous if anyone knows......I already added an AEM cold air intake and im currently making a prototype 3 inch exhaust...also before i get nitrous I am getting the Intense Stage 5 kit.....My question is would I need to redo any internals if im putting a 50shot of nitrous and how bad would it be to move up to a 75 shot...I dont know how many of you have nitrous but if u could help me out it would be greatly appreciated...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 11:37 PM

in a word "yes" i've mod'ed my stage5 with huge amounts of tuneing and some other "special" parts and I've suffered from some part failures in places that you would not exspect.

i think n20 and a stg5 can be run toghater but i think the 50shoot might be a lil high at first....

it hasent be tried as of yet but you would have to do all the common high HP drive train mods as well....

i'd say that you might be able to pull it off but i'm not going to risk a 50-75 shot...50 would be the highist i'd ever TRY let alone use alot.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

so what are you running in the 1/4 with ur stage 5 and everything?

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 12:17 PM

as of yet i dont know...i'm waiteing on my hoosier QTP's to show up.

its a high 12sec car....with traps in the 110range.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

thats cool.....im shooting for 12s but im mainly building my car as a time attack car for my business..Were just getting opened and were starting to make custom parts for race and show...
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 01:02 PM

good shit!

we always need more parts!!

i know when i first started build the car there was nothing out...no intakes, exhasuts or any thing.

myself and a good friend went to Doug at BilletFlow and thats how the original pullys came out...its gotten better ever sence!

I'll be done with the car once shes in the 11'...but thats gonna take a blower/turbo swap.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

If u need any parts just let me know....we dont specialize in just cobalts... we also are currently making parts for evos, eclipses, and srt-4s. We also do wheels and tires and body kits and custom graphics... Were hoping to be completely open full time by June 07. We will make any part for any car. Another thing we do is custom exhausts all the way up to 4 inch, intakes....and roll cages.....so pretty much everything.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 02:29 PM

Kinda off topic but do any of u cool down ur intercooler with N2O??
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCobaltSSSC View Post
I currently have a 06 SS/SC and i had some questions about nitrous if anyone knows......I already added an AEM cold air intake and im currently making a prototype 3 inch exhaust...also before i get nitrous I am getting the Intense Stage 5 kit.....My question is would I need to redo any internals if im putting a 50shot of nitrous and how bad would it be to move up to a 75 shot...I dont know how many of you have nitrous but if u could help me out it would be greatly appreciated...

Stage 5 timing and a 75 shot won't do well at least on pump gas (93), stage 5 timing is in some parts of the map up to 12 degrees over stock and the first warning on my nitrous kit was don't run any programs that raise the stock timing. Stage 5 is a tiny pulley and thats going to add quite a bit of heat.

I have done a 50 shot on stage 2 (gm) timing and it's fine, so far, but with a 75 shot you need to run stock timing and maybe even shave a couple degrees off to be safe.

Last edited by ArrivalBlueSS; 10-14-2006 at 10:52 PM.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future SS View Post
Kinda off topic but do any of u cool down ur intercooler with N2O??
\

not me...thats a short term fix.

I added a 2nd HE and thats a HUGE help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode