Cobalts SS banner

Lowering question

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  HeppyCat 
#1 ·
I am planning on lowering my SS. Could someone tell me which set of springs I should go with that gives a nice drop all the way around the car? Also, what would the drop be? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Lowering the car is going to mess up the overall geometry of the suspension. GM did a damn good job with the stock setup. If all you care about is looks, go for it. But if you want to keep the handling I'd say stay away.

It's been some time since anyone has posted about lowering springs but I know it's been done plenty of times. Off the top of my head I want to say you get 0.5" drop in the front and 1" in the back...

#5 ·
How could a lower ride height mess with the geometry. It does nothing to it. pretty much all it does is decrease roll therefore better handling. Please explain how you get this.

#3 ·
Well if you're going for looks, to take away the wheel well gap then go with Eibach Sportline Springs. it's a 1" drop in the front, and 1.3" in the back. and no it won't destroy your suspension, you just need to drive you car the right way, and not take dips at 50 mph. I've yet to do it to my car, but it's coming after my exhaust in two weeks =D

#6 ·
I've watched my friends balance their cars before. Changing the height changes the weight distribution. I'm sure I could dig up some entirely too detailed articles on the subject, but I'm too sleepy to think about it this moment.

Roll is just one way a car moves.

More to follow...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.