victory_red_SS RWD conversion pics.... - Page 3 - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 09:49 PM
The HepKitty

just bad ass.......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 09:30 PM

red, the alum powder spray, my brothe has a machine shop, er i dunno what all he does, but i had him spray my sway bar witha alum/tungsten coating that is impervious to corrosion and rock impacts. some spray welding /plasma thingy weldy stuff. lawl. i just make his signage, he does the rest. heh. he is setting up for ceramic shortly, and other stuff, so im gettign in line for exh spraying. he coating oilfield tooling and such, i think. it is so neatto misquitto.

ps. red, i finally got my quaife. heavy little box, aint it.
post #23 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestorm View Post
red, the alum powder spray, my brothe has a machine shop, er i dunno what all he does, but i had him spray my sway bar witha alum/tungsten coating that is impervious to corrosion and rock impacts. some spray welding /plasma thingy weldy stuff. lawl. i just make his signage, he does the rest. heh. he is setting up for ceramic shortly, and other stuff, so im gettign in line for exh spraying. he coating oilfield tooling and such, i think. it is so neatto misquitto.

ps. red, i finally got my quaife. heavy little box, aint it.
That coating's only draw back is it has an orange peel finish but it is shiny and as you mentioned impervious to almost everything.

The Quaife is a heavy unit. It isn't cheap to have installed either. Glad you finally got one. Did you get a good deal on it?

05 Victory Red SS, RWD conversion, LSX, Procharger F-1R, Ford 9", Bigstuff3, NHRA 8.5 second chromoly frame/chassis/cage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 09:49 PM

ther spray is "cats tongue" and glittery, and yes, i bought it new for 985 cdn.
i also have axles, meth, N2o, guages, mounts, option B dual pass, camber kit, adn i dont know what all else. a whole 3'x8' table of crap sits beside my car on the hoist. now....if only i had a lil time.....exedy, quaife. lol i cant rmember it all. and i have a 2.8, 60's, corsa, gmpp exh, and HPT. i need slicks now. sad thing is, i have all the money waiting, its just time, and the ambition to get the reast lined up. car sits again for the winter with 14000 kms
post #25 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 09:53 PM

oph, the dealer said 7 hrs to install the exedy, and 4 hours more to swap the diff. i think thats a low estimate. im taking it in before i get the majority of ghoodies on it as last time i was in there for an alignment, they took it out on a 65KM "test drive".
after which, the dealer owner asked me to sell the car back to them....
post #26 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
ther spray is "cats tongue" and glittery, and yes, i bought it new for 985 cdn.
i also have axles, meth, N2o, guages, mounts, option B dual pass, camber kit, adn i dont know what all else. a whole 3'x8' table of crap sits beside my car on the hoist. now....if only i had a lil time.....exedy, quaife. lol i cant rmember it all. and i have a 2.8, 60's, corsa, gmpp exh, and HPT. i need slicks now. sad thing is, i have all the money waiting, its just time, and the ambition to get the reast lined up. car sits again for the winter with 14000 kms
Well by winters end I would expect you to be finished getting all those parts installed.

Quote:
oph, the dealer said 7 hrs to install the exedy, and 4 hours more to swap the diff. i think thats a low estimate. im taking it in before i get the majority of ghoodies on it as last time i was in there for an alignment, they took it out on a 65KM "test drive".
after which, the dealer owner asked me to sell the car back to them....
The dealer took 7 hours to install the quaife into my tranny. Too bad I never got to use it and all that $$ was wasted.

05 Victory Red SS, RWD conversion, LSX, Procharger F-1R, Ford 9", Bigstuff3, NHRA 8.5 second chromoly frame/chassis/cage

post #27 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 10:19 PM

um red, i had half those parts in june. every goddam time i pull my car onto the hoist, 10 customers phone and i get sidetracked with work. and the dybo shop across the street, i sold all kinds of pulls for him, and he dried up and got his dyno locked up for not paying rent. now im without base tuninng.
the good side of that is in 4 more months, it will be abandonment. and the mustang AWD dyno will go up for sale. i told the guy id buy iot if it was for a song.....wouldnt that be a great supporting mod. my personal dyno. ha.
post #28 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
um red, i had half those parts in june. every goddam time i pull my car onto the hoist, 10 customers phone and i get sidetracked with work. and the dybo shop across the street, i sold all kinds of pulls for him, and he dried up and got his dyno locked up for not paying rent. now im without base tuninng.
the good side of that is in 4 more months, it will be abandonment. and the mustang AWD dyno will go up for sale. i told the guy id buy iot if it was for a song.....wouldnt that be a great supporting mod. my personal dyno. ha.
Now you are just trying to make a grown man cry

post #29 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_red_SS View Post
We will know tomorrow what we are doing about the crankshaft......
Okay so here is the latest news on the crankshaft debacle.

I received a tracking # from fed ex that shows my first crankshaft has arrived at Lopez Crankshafts in California.

This means we "should" have a working crankshaft in 3 weeks.

post #30 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 08:20 PM

should, being the operative word?

personally i woulda choked someone by now.
i hate liars and thieves. sounds like you have been dealing with versions of both.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode