Cobalts SS banner

Front License Plate?

6K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Doc 
#1 ·
Hello...i was wondering if anyone knew how to take off the front license plate. I took it off but it looks like there are rivits holding it on. I was wondering if anyone knew how i can fix this. Thanks

#4 ·
yea it sucks that they would put that on there with rivits like that, mine is the same way.....the only way to get them out is to remove ur front bumper, once u get it off take a pair of vice grip pliers and hold the back part very still. then take a 1/4 drill bit and drill them out...but if u don't hold them still what will happen is the rivit will start spinning, and this will cause it to leave very nasty holes that are like melted from that rivit spinning so much.. therefore causing u to have to take it to a body shop to be filled and reapainted... but if u do it right u may have a hole size of a normal plate screw.. but i ain't chanceing mine i am just gettin a chrome ss plate to put on.......

#5 ·
I just drilled them out w/ the bumper on the car. Use a small bit and start drilling on where the hole is on the head of the rivit. Then just slowly use bigger bits until the head starts spinning. leaves holes maybe the size of a pencil. Looks much better then the plate imo any day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.