Add a war stories section?

• Yes

Votes: 55 78.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 21.4%

[OFFICIAL] CobaltSS.com war stories poll

9K views 41 replies 22 participants last post by  hookdupdelsol 
#1 · (Edited)
So should cobaltss.com have a war stories section?
Your thoughts......

For those of you that may not know what this is.
It's a section where our members can come in and tell tales about what happened to them when they went out for a nice little quiet drive and ended up getting into a knock down drag out street race. What was happening at the time, what did you race, did you win, lose, giving props to the other guy, or just there to talk trash about them. We try to keep it as clean and/or truthful as possible but we'll just have to see about that.
Admins, Mods, get ready to rumble!!!!!1

I'm voting yes

#5 ·
War stories are sometimes funny, but on other forums, such as srtforums.com they just turned out shitty. Everyone bags on the warstories guys and all that happens is "My stock srt-4 walked an evo blah blah blah" then people calling them idiots and telling them to get a video of it.

#7 ·
Don't get me wrong, I love hearing about cars, Cobalts or others, BUT....

Most of the time 'street racing' is performed under unsafe conditions, and by drivers that aren't qualified to be attempting those speeds or maneuvers. I think you have to be real careful about encouraging that sort of thing. It's all fun and games till some kid loses it, and hits and kills someone.

#8 ·
DanM said:
Don't get me wrong, I love hearing about cars, Cobalts or others, BUT....

Most of the time 'street racing' is performed under unsafe conditions, and by drivers that aren't qualified to be attempting those speeds or maneuvers. I think you have to be real careful about encouraging that sort of thing. It's all fun and games till some kid loses it, and hits and kills someone.
If this section isn't created, people will just post it in another forum.

#12 ·
Yeah that will be were MOST of my races will be at. I try not to speed as it is and anymore threre are no places on the street that is safe. And there was one place that a bunch of my freind would race but it was not on the street's but behind a warehouse where there were no cops and no traffic.

#13 ·
I think that's pretty silly logic. People get raped sometimes despite our efforts, so we may as well just make it legal? People sell drugs anyway, so let's just legalize crack too?

I know those are a lot more serious, but it's the exact same logic. For the record, I belong to several other forums that don't want to promote street racing. When someone posts about it, they're kindly advised that that type of thing isn't approved of there, and to take it to the track.

I dunno. Obviously not everyone agrees with me, and that's fine. I'm just trying to provide a different viewpoint. Instead of encouraging street racing, I think you can encourage people to take it to the track, and race in the safe & proper way.

#14 ·
The entire Dodge SRT division is Street Racing Technology. Maybe they should change the name. Not trying to be an ass.

It's not so much as encouraging it but making it easier to have one place to collectively organize all the B.S.....I mean stories people have about racing. It's going to happen on a car enthusiast website regardless, so you either bann all the people that talk about it or put them all in one spot to try and contain it.

#15 ·
mm_omega2 said:
It's not so much as encouraging it but making it easier to have one place to collectively organize all the B.S.....I mean stories people have about racing. It's going to happen on a car enthusiast website regardless, so you either bann all the people that talk about it or put them all in one spot to try and contain it.
Yeah you are right it just can not be prevented. But one thing if this does happen everyone be carefull. That is why i behave my self but i have my moments. But try and keep it on the strips.

#16 ·
Yeah 87 but its not like my lil 4 banger S-10 or your V-6 Camaro are exactly what you'd call high horsepower machines are they!?!?! LOL But I have to admit: I have ran it down the drag strip a few times! LOL I ran a BLISTERING 11.9 @ 59mph on an 1/8 mile track!

#17 · (Edited)
LOL but my car can do over 100mph. I know for a fact i did it wile i ws chaseing my freinds Del Sol we were doing like 115.
And one other time i was trying my hardest to keep up with mt freinds 5.0 but he would lose me in the strait but i could handle just as well as he could so i would catch up to him. But all of that is history for me all that was year and half ago and since then i have been being very good. LOL

#24 ·
Well to all after reading one thread we may not want to have this tread due to Saturn turning down some warrantes. So i will not post if i race anyone unless at the track but that might not be for a wile. :(

http://www.cobaltss.com/forums/showthread.php?t=511

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.