09 cobalt sound system help - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

09 cobalt sound system help

i just purchased an 09 cobalt ls 4 door and have a 12" pioneer sub that i wanted to put in it, im pretty new to all the sound system stuff and was needing to know if it was possible to put it in without having to replace the whole system seens how ive come to enjoy the sound it has i just wanna make it hit a little harder. I would appritiate some advice on the matter. (I can post pictures if wanted/needed)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 06:01 PM
Contributing User

You can buy an adapter that you can splice into the rear speakers and output as the RCA out. Wire up the amp like you would with an aftermarket but connect the RCAs to the adapter instead of the back of the deck. The next issue you will run into is how to turn off the amp when the radio is off so you don't drain the battery. We found a wire under the passenger door that will do the trick. You will need to test the wires to make sure it is actually off when the car is off and then connect to one that does. The other option is setting it up as a toggle switch. But that isn't as nice looking. There are probably other ways people have done it but that is what we did before I put in an aftermarket radio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in