My First Cobalt - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

My First Cobalt

Hello everyone, I've just bought a 2006 Cobalt SS. Not going to lie I'm pretty excited about it. I'm new to these cars, I haven't even picked up the car yet, and to be honest I know nothing about these cars. I know cars in general but I have never really done much looking into how these work, what makes them good and what to watch out for. That said since I found it online I've done A TON of research and reading and know what direction i want to go with it. Living 5 minutes from a drag strip may have influenced my decision. After much reading I'm thinking of going with a basic I/H/E set up for stage one of the build. With Pacesetter headers, a Pacesetter cat back and a Fidanza aluminum flywheel from ModernPerformance.com the car should wake up considerably. After months of saving I'll go with a ZZP stage 3 kit and a Dualpass endplate. Hoping for the best, mechanically I'll have no issues, electrics on the other hand are not my forte. In terms of tuning a dyno tune is always best but what would I need on dyno day? Some sort or tuner, just car with the factory computer, aftermarket computer? i really dont know.

So thats the plan, what do we think? Is there anything I'm doing wrong or could do better? Any and all information is very much appreciated. Can't wait to start having some fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode