Cobalts SS banner

i cant luanch for s#$t

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  JohnsRallyYellowSS 
#1 ·
lol ok my freind has a vw beatle like a 02 or somethin like that i dont really kno he like yo i wanna race you, so i said why not i might as well practice luanching. and well he pulled half a car on me from the launch granted he is a auto but still he shouldnt be able to do right. i chirped the tires going into 2nd once i hooked up i obviously took back the 1/2 car lead he had and put about 2 cars on him by the end of 2nd

#2 ·
Ingall's torque damper will solve your problem. I don't have it yet, will be getting one very soon. Until then I just launch at idle and ease into my throttle. After you get going you will find it easy to floor it. As for the chirp in second: be a little easier and you won't chirp, though I will do it every now and then to let the other person know I mean business.

#3 ·
To be honest, my ETD did more for my shifts than my Wheel hop/launch. I can still wheel hop if i want to (Which I don't). It just takes hours of practice trying different ways to let off the clutch and when to add more throttle.

I launch at 1250-1500 and slowly let off the clutch until I know it will hold the power in 1st. This takes time to figure out and is different on the street than on the track. I cut a consitant 2.2 60' now on my 16k stock tires and have cut a 2.1 before. Just practice!!!

A few nights ago, I got a 5.6 0-60 on my Interceptor on a back road by my house! I'm satisfied for now.

#6 ·
i just installed the ingalls torque dampener
its awesome.
launching, dropping into 3rd at 70mph, all hesitations disapeared
there is still minor wheelhop but it doesnt go out of control
sometimes i heard a bang when shifting into second, not anymore

#12 ·
The Ingalls torque damper is the way to go, you can then launch it at about 1500-2000 and be safe without any, if little, spinning. I hardly ever wheel hop now, and even into second she is stiff as a board and sticky as glue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.