Cobalts SS banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the actual 0 to 60mph for the cobaltss/sc before and after the gm stg 2 i read in a magazine its 0 to 60 was 6.5 secs and the 1/4 was 15. They also said the top mph was 143. So whats the real stats on these cars?

·
Registered
784 Posts
what is the actual 0 to 60mph for the cobaltss/sc before and after the gm stg 2 i read in a magazine its 0 to 60 was 6.5 secs and the 1/4 was 15. They also said the top mph was 143. So whats the real stats on these cars?
what mag are you looking at??? stock is 5.9 to 60 14.5 to 1/4 I would stg2 would get about 3 tenths both ways.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Those numbers are closer to a Cobalt SS 2.4l but either way those numbers are still waaaaay off. What magazine was it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
muscle milestones i believe. It was showing the concept vehicles and the cobaltss/sc was under the new muscle section. I found it hard to believe cause my friends brother has a cobalt ss/sc with gm stage 2 , exhaust and he beat one of those new mustang gts which have a 0 to 60 of about 5.1 i believe. Is there anyway to get a cobalt down to a time like that while keeping the supercharger and the warranty?

·
Registered
379 Posts
muscle milestones i believe. It was showing the concept vehicles and the cobaltss/sc was under the new muscle section. I found it hard to believe cause my friends brother has a cobalt ss/sc with gm stage 2 , exhaust and he beat one of those new mustang gts which have a 0 to 60 of about 5.1 i believe. Is there anyway to get a cobalt down to a time like that while keeping the supercharger and the warranty?
There are guys on here who have pulled on the new GT's, so thats definately possible, but remember, a 0-60 time is all about the launch.

A mustang GT could smoke a stg 2 SS/SC 0-60, but still get ran down in the quarter or in top end.

To answer your other question= while i don't know about a 5.1 cobalt under warranty, i do know about getting a REALLY fast cobalt under warranty and here is the ingredients

1) Cobalt SS/SC (with G85 ideally)
2) GMPP Stage 2
3) GMPP catback (4 different kits, all of them rock)
4) GMPP exhaust manifold
5) Hurst short throw shifter (yep its an official GM product now)
6) Injen, AEM, K&N, etc cold air intake (not gm product but wont void warnty)

There ya go!

·
Registered
379 Posts
really?
by chance is there a GM # you might have to help out?
Cobalt Hurst Quick/Stick Shifter 3914040
Item #3914040
Cobalt 3914040 Hurst Shifter
Quick/Stick Short Throw Shifter 2005-07 Cobalt SS and Saturn Ion Redline
with Installation Instructions
MSRP: $216.87 Your Price: $149.99

·
Registered
174 Posts
There are guys on here who have pulled on the new GT's, so thats definately possible, but remember, a 0-60 time is all about the launch.

A mustang GT could smoke a stg 2 SS/SC 0-60, but still get ran down in the quarter or in top end.

To answer your other question= while i don't know about a 5.1 cobalt under warranty, i do know about getting a REALLY fast cobalt under warranty and here is the ingredients

1) Cobalt SS/SC (with G85 ideally)
2) GMPP Stage 2
3) GMPP catback (4 different kits, all of them rock)
4) GMPP exhaust manifold
5) Hurst short throw shifter (yep its an official GM product now)
6) Injen, AEM, K&N, etc cold air intake (not gm product but wont void warnty)

There ya go!
That plus a Torque Dampner (Shouldn't void warranty) and a 2.8 pulley (Might void warranty but easily removed) got me a 5.5 0 to 60 at 6000ft above sea level.

The fact is though. These cars aren't that impressive from 0 to 60. They start to really pull in 2nd and 3rd gear at the end of the quarter mile.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Oh yea

7) Ingalls "stiffy" torque dampener

·
Registered
784 Posts
0-60 times is not what i buy cars for, our car may be afew tenths off the competition but after first a good pull in second and third is how ive won many races most get me during first that because of our low gearing.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
i hate roll racing, it complete defetes the purpose of racing. anyone can mash the throttle and shift, it takes more skill to launch your car from a dead stop.

·
Registered
784 Posts
i hate roll racing, it complete defetes the purpose of racing. anyone can mash the throttle and shift, it takes more skill to launch your car from a dead stop.
I didnt say it was roll racing just telling you that ive seen many people pull me through first until i hit second. id rather go from a dig also.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cobalt Hurst Quick/Stick Shifter 3914040
Item #3914040
Cobalt 3914040 Hurst Shifter
Quick/Stick Short Throw Shifter 2005-07 Cobalt SS and Saturn Ion Redline
with Installation Instructions
MSRP: $216.87 Your Price: $149.99
This is god... Thanx for the info!

·
Registered
772 Posts
In the January 07 Road & Track it has the 205 hp cobalt SS as 6.2 in the zero to sixty and 14.8 at 96.8 in the quarter. Motor trend has had it as low as 14.3 in the quarter. I have personally seen an SS with a bunch of bolt-ons do a 13.4 at 106. Magazine stats are fun but don't tell ya sh*t. Take that car to a track and find out what you can make that car do!:D

·
Registered
784 Posts
In the January 07 Road & Track it has the 205 hp cobalt SS as 6.2 in the zero to sixty and 14.8 at 96.8 in the quarter. Motor trend has had it as low as 14.3 in the quarter. I have personally seen an SS with a bunch of bolt-ons do a 13.4 at 106. Magazine stats are fun but don't tell ya sh*t. Take that car to a track and find out what you can make that car do!:D
Plus there are many varibles, to that personally i think a person that has had a balt for a while could do better than the mags becuase they only get them for a few days not bagging the mag drivers because they probably have the coolest job in the world but it takes awhile to get the hang of each car.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Plus there are many varibles, to that personally i think a person that has had a balt for a while could do better than the mags becuase they only get them for a few days not bagging the mag drivers because they probably have the coolest job in the world but it takes awhile to get the hang of each car.
Heck yeah, I bet a good launch from an even better driver can set a balt into 12s without having to tear into the motor.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts