Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an '06 Chevy Cobalt in the new orange color. The only thing is, I have to wait until September to get it. I don't know how to drive a stick so I settled for the LS, but doesn't the '06 SS also come in automatic if so, I will definitely be calling tomorrow to upgrade! :)

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
YES!!! You can get an SS in 06 with an auto, it wont have the supercharged engine but it will have the bigger, more powerful (than the base 2.2) 2.4L engine. Should be a good deal quicker than the regular Cobalt, if I was you I would upgrade! Good luck! Oh and Ive never seen ya before, so welcome aboard! :D

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
LOL never mind, guess Ive never seen ya before cause thats your first post here, LOL sorry. Welcome aboard anyway! :D

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
So do I. More power, much sportier, better wheels, etc etc... oh yeah, and the SS badge! :D Are yo ugettin a coupe or a sedan? The 2.4L SS can come in both.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have no kids, I am getting the coupe! It looks like a completely different car to me. For some reason sedans just scream "family car" to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes!!! I'll have to call to see if I can change now before it's built. I just wish I was in the states, it would be easier (more expensive too). So now I am looking at a '06 Chevy Cobalt SS, in orange (red too common), tinted windows, spoiler, etc etc. I had added all the accessories to the LS, so how much do you think it'll be now?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Welcome aboard, CoBizzle pretty much broke it down for the SS, So I have nothing to say :rolleyes:

·
Registered
42 Posts
i couldnt drive stick either but i learned real quick. i would also rather have the supercharged 2.0l with 205hp than the 2.4l with 170

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Welcome and same here man i can't drive stick very well but i could drive one if i had to but don't let something like that hold you back from getting a much more powerful car and have something fun to drive. If you know anyone that has a car that is stick see if they will teach you or just do what my sister did she wanted a RX-8 so she got one and she had to have a six speed and she was made to drive it home she had alot of problems but she learned realy fast.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I get to pick it up in Sept. I'm already in the process of getting some chrome shoes for it, so maybe I can put some pics up after I put them on. I really don't get in to all the 'fixin up' of a car, but I guess the shoes should be enough for now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sometimes the model isn't as important as how it ends up looking. If you can afford the SS great, but if you can afford the base and have money to build it and 'fix it' they way you like, even better! One guy has the '05 base model and it looks better than a lot of SSs i've seen!

And I was curious...am I the only one who has bought an '06? :confused:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Gagurl said:
I have no kids, I am getting the coupe! It looks like a completely different car to me. For some reason sedans just scream "family car" to me.

so this screams family car to u?

lol.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was refering to the four door cobalt that looks like a family car, and completely different from the sportish coupe. And yes, most other sedans look like family cars. Your car is a dodge and is built bigger, you also added a few young looks to it. So of course I wouldn't think family when I saw it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts