Cobalts SS banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a friend of mine were driving back to my house this past weekend and we decided to get a couple runs in. He has an 04 IION red line supposedly STG5 with the 62lb injectors and a K&N intake. I have a stage 2 SS cobalt. Needless to say he needs more practice behind the wheel. I beat him from a dig and somehow on a 30 role (dun know why). Well apparently our run got the attention of a Lightning. He paced me a for a while, then he nodded and hit it. I heard it drop to second, we were at about 45ish. I dropped to 2nd and put about a car on him to about 100. He stopped at the store i stopped at and asked what all each of our cars had done, we exchanged info and smiles and thumbs (ups) and went on with our day. He told me he had a smaller pulley and tensioner.

Should this be an even match? or should he or i have walked away? I wanted to go from a dig but he wasnt comforatable with any more racing.

Im sorry if my spelling pisses you off.

·
Registered
784 Posts
good kill.

·
Registered
111 Posts
good kill.
^^^^I second that and really don't know much about lightnings when it comes to performance upgrades and there times other than that there badass trucks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Whenever I think of SVT lightning's, I think of this guy at my college that drives around trying to race hondas and corollas :p .. They are pretty fast though, I've actually only seen videos of cobalts losing to them-- so great race! chevy> ford I thinks :rolleyes:

·
Registered
91 Posts
i'm gonna say lucky win, and it was probably stock. but you did beat him, so good job. they respond well to mods, just like any other FI vehicle and i'm thinking they run mid/low 13s stock pretty consistant....but i could be wrong

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm gonna say lucky win, and it was probably stock. but you did beat him, so good job. they respond well to mods, just like any other FI vehicle and i'm thinking they run mid/low 13s stock pretty consistant....but i could be wrong
I talked to a buddy at work today, and found out they run 13:9-14:3 stock. He said they launch awsome. So i think from a dig i would have lost, but on the roll i think it should be pretty even. My buddy ran a 13:6 stock with DR's in his lightning.

I would like a second run if i get a chance.

·
Registered
597 Posts
When I had my 2003 GT I test drove a new 2004 Lightining.

I must say I was impressed with such a big truck hauling ass. From stoplight to stoplight it was very quick. But out on the highway a WOT run from anything over 60mph and it was obvious that it was a big truck.

·
Registered
772 Posts
A lightning kill should go in your scrap book of great kills:) With just a pully swap their in the low 13 range. That's a kill to be proud of, nice job!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just and update on times i ran at the track to verify speed. I ran 14.022 @ 101.96, with a 2.368 60ft. I need to get the launch down better needless to say. The car is a 13 second car if i hadn't bogged.

So this kill on a high 13 second truck is very do-able.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts