Cobalts SS banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
This may sound like a stupid question but what is that "Sportster R" thing and where can i get myself one? Is it a radar detector or performance measurement tool or what? I think it looks tight.

·
Site Moderator
3,724 Posts
Landonelf said:
This may sound like a stupid question but what is that "Sportster R" thing and where can i get myself one? Is it a radar detector or performance measurement tool or what? I think it looks tight.
It's a receiver for Sirius Satellite Radio. It's the best standalone receiver out as of right now. There's a Sportster and a Sportster R; the R lets you record, which is cool. It also has a blue backlight as opposed to the amber on the regular Sportster. I know all of this cuz my brother bought the R for his truck (it's about all he's got over the road). They are fairly expensive, though.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
SEE!!! The SS does come in white! Why couldn't I get a SS S/C in that color? Oh well, what's done is done and silver is a good color.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the compliments. I have had the car for about three weeks and really like it. I traded in an 04 Colorado crew cab ZQ8 for it. The SS is alot more fun to drive.

As for the sportster replay. It does not record music you can just rewind sat. radio up to 44 min. and once the channel is changed the memory starts over. If your looking for a recorder go with the S50. The Sportster 4 is the newest out and is just now getting to stores. I would go with that if I were in the market for one hold out for the portable unit that will be released sometime this year. Theres lots of info at www.siriusbackstage.com you can see the new models and research thru the forum there.

·
Site Moderator
3,724 Posts
blacklock said:
Thanks for the compliments. I have had the car for about three weeks and really like it. I traded in an 04 Colorado crew cab ZQ8 for it. The SS is alot more fun to drive.

As for the sportster replay. It does not record music you can just rewind sat. radio up to 44 min. and once the channel is changed the memory starts over. If your looking for a recorder go with the S50. The Sportster 4 is the newest out and is just now getting to stores. I would go with that if I were in the market for one hold out for the portable unit that will be released sometime this year. Theres lots of info at www.siriusbackstage.com you can see the new models and research thru the forum there.
I was KINDA right... :eek: :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the white. I am planning on tinting the windows possibly next week. I think it will look real good then.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont have the big SS wing because mine is not supercharged. As for the SS in the cupholder area, I removed it from the rear and set it there for now. I was thinking I may stick it there but have not decided for sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts