Cobalts SS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Byron Dragway today and had several runs... Best run was a 16.03 @84.77 MPH... I thought the numbers were actually really good for stock... I have the time slips so I will post those as soon as I get them scanned in... Surprisingly there were quite a few cars that had much higher 1/4 Mile times, I was happy :D (Hundayi Tiburon GT V6, Scion tC and a Ford Focus ZX3)

·
Registered
251 Posts
So far the best I've seen out of a 2.4L was 15.22 @ 91.84mph :). The night he ran that it was 10C so the air was nice and cool...I can't remember what all of his times were (60ft, etc.) and I'm not sure if the timeslip is posted anywhere but with practice I'm sure you could get it into the low 15s :)!

Oh ya, this was also with 1/8th tank of gas, his tire pressure lowered and the spare/jack removed from the trunk...that spare tire/jack assembly is heavy.

Permafried-

·
Registered
251 Posts
06CobaltSSSedan said:
Was he manual? Mines an automatic! I would love to see those type of numbers!
Yes his is the 5-speed...I knew I shoulda asked if you had the auto-tranny :). I'm sure you can still squeeze some lower times out of it than 16.03 (though there's still nothing wrong with the time) by reducing weight, etc. My 5-speed '05 LS ran a 16.1 @ 85.5mph so you've got some room to improve there...you might be surprised how much difference the little bit of weight can make :cool:.

Permafried-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts