Cobalts SS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question 1: anyone think that when the K&N Typhoon system comes out for the 2.0 litre engine, that it will work with the 2.2 litre engine?

Question 2: when shifting through any gear, it seems to take forever for my revs to freely drop, is there any way out now to make the engine rev quicker? (cobalt LS 2.2)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I highly doubt the intake system would work, i don't think the 2.2 goes into the fender but i have never seen a 2.2.

Second, knowing GM they put a heavy flywheel and crank pully, replace both and your revs will be better (replace the crank with and Unorthodox and not an underdrive). The Unorthodox will be cheaper then the flywheel.There are also little things aswell, you can do grounding kits ect but they don't increase horsepower just make the engine run better. l

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, ive checked out gravana before, and considered some of their products. what do you guys think about their intake? i'm rather wary of it because it doesn't post actual numbers, where as the injen claims 7-8 hp, and 15 lb tq. gains. should i just shell out more for the injen?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Dunno when the K&N is coming out. Seems to have been delayed a bit.

The K&N Typhoon for the 2.0L will NOT work for the 2.0L. The manifold/TB/induction setup is quite different, no way it'll work.

And sorry to say there's no way to make the engine speed drop faster, that's in the engine calibration. Not sure why you would want that, though, it's there in the first place primarily to smooth out shifts...

·
Registered
454 Posts
skater2968 said:
thanks, ive checked out gravana before, and considered some of their products. what do you guys think about their intake? i'm rather wary of it because it doesn't post actual numbers, where as the injen claims 7-8 hp, and 15 lb tq. gains. should i just shell out more for the injen?
I'd go K&N... Is the Injen a CAI? Seeing as how they've included one stock, you guy have the same basic setup right? Basically a stock CAI? I'd go with another CAI. We had alot of people pick up the AEM short ram, and had TERRIBLE luck with it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, as it turns out, i'm just an idiot noob, who doesn't have enough experience shifting yet, i'm figuring it all out now, so that'll settle the second part of the q, and as for the first part, my family's gone k&n since the hills were forming, but they arent releasing a cai for my car, and arent planning to anytime soon, so it appears that for now, im stuck with the injen and gravana's intake. i'm wonderin what you think about gravana's tho. would you take it over the injen?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts