Cobalts SS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I swear to god on my life that this is a true story, I think it would be fuckin' lame as hell if someone posted a made up story. But ok anyways... Tonight 6/26/05 I was driving (for those in the metro Detroit Michigan Area) on Gratiot going south about to get on I94 expressway (just before 13 mile) and what did I see at the light waiting to also get on the expressway? A 2000 or newer Silver Dodge Viper, I thought sweet as hell, but too bad anyone who has a viper is usually old and never lets it out... WRONG! It was some kid (im guessing anywhere between 17 - 20! I couldnt believe it... So we get on the expressway theres a ton of cars, we both start merging here and there at moderate speeds in and out of cars, when finally around 11 mile, we both have an opening in each of our lanes, so i drop into 3rd for a short second and then back into fourth then fifth, and now we are both going about 125 or so, the viper was about 6 car lengths ahead of me at that time (atleast) then we came to more traffic just before 8 mile, and had to slow to about 60, we both get off at the same exit, and are both stopped at the light on the harper service drive and vernier rd. The kid looks over and smiles (not cocky but as if he had alot of fun) and I asked him if it was his car or his dads, and hes like no its my dads, and im like that is sweet as hell.. I then asked what the fastest hes ever gotten it up to and he said "Just like 150" ... JUST!!!! Im like thats awesome. And hes like you kept up better then anyone else Ive gunned it with. Then I was like you wanna run it after the light changes, and hes like no im turning, and I had a dissapointed look on my face, then he said alright thats fine. Light changes, crazy burn out on both our parts, and I was like holy shit Im hanging with him, I actually got a slightly better jump off the line, and was in the lead till i dropped it in second, then was at the back of his passenger door and then he was about a car lenght and a half by the time i hit 3rd gear (I dont even think he had shifted by that point) ... and then he got back on the expressway (its hard to explain if you dont know that area but thats how the service drive works, he was forced to either turn at the light we were at or get on the expressway) Anyways it was the most exciting race I have ever had, and I was just totally stoked that I hung with him up till late 2nd gear. What a night!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
If i was a "Cobalt-hater," I would be on MY cars forum saying how all the Cobalt guys think their cars are as fast as Vipers:rolleyes:

HAHA, seriously though... just because it was a 17-20 year old kid doesn't mean he's an experienced driver and capable of fully expressing the power of such a powerful car. I'm sure he doesn't race or drive it hard TOO often. I'm sure it will scare the living shit out of him, and his dad, if he did.

I don't know about 6 car lengths... If he was REALLY going for it, he would of kept that right foot glued to the floor, but once you beat someone by even 2-3 cars, you don't keep going... Point being that at 125mph, he could have been 6 BUS lengths ahead of you if he wanted to (exaggerated a little, but not much)

Good runs, good fight. Be careful out there. If I was his dad, he would permanantly be banned from ever touching the keys to the car!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
tight work on losing. U raced a viper and lost. Wow... Wouldnt we al.

·
Registered
234 Posts
JoeySpicuzza said:
I swear to god on my life that this is a true story, I think it would be fuckin' lame as hell if someone posted a made up story. But ok anyways... Tonight 7/26/05 I was driving (for those in the metro Detroit Michigan Area) on Gratiot going south about to get on I94 expressway (just before 13 mile) and what did I see at the light waiting to also get on the expressway? A 2000 or newer Silver Dodge Viper, I thought sweet as hell, but too bad anyone who has a viper is usually old and never lets it out... WRONG! It was some kid (im guessing anywhere between 17 - 20! I couldnt believe it... So we get on the expressway theres a ton of cars, we both start merging here and there at moderate speeds in and out of cars, when finally around 11 mile, we both have an opening in each of our lanes, so i drop into 3rd for a short second and then back into fourth then fifth, and now we are both going about 125 or so, the viper was about 6 car lengths ahead of me at that time (atleast) then we came to more traffic just before 8 mile, and had to slow to about 60, we both get off at the same exit, and are both stopped at the light on the harper service drive and vernier rd. The kid looks over and smiles (not cocky but as if he had alot of fun) and I asked him if it was his car or his dads, and hes like no its my dads, and im like that is sweet as hell.. I then asked what the fastest hes ever gotten it up to and he said "Just like 150" ... JUST!!!! Im like thats awesome. And hes like you kept up better then anyone else Ive gunned it with. Then I was like you wanna run it after the light changes, and hes like no im turning, and I had a dissapointed look on my face, then he said alright thats fine. Light changes, crazy burn out on both our parts, and I was like holy shit Im hanging with him, I actually got a slightly better jump off the line, and was in the lead till i dropped it in second, then was at the back of his passenger door and then he was about a car lenght and a half by the time i hit 3rd gear (I dont even think he had shifted by that point) ... and then he got back on the expressway (its hard to explain if you dont know that area but thats how the service drive works, he was forced to either turn at the light we were at or get on the expressway) Anyways it was the most exciting race I have ever had, and I was just totally stoked that I hung with him up till late 2nd gear. What a night!

Looks like your crystal ball is work just fine, you posted this one month before it happened!!

P.S. 14 more days and this will happen!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wait, I'm totally confused TomT, what are you talking about? That happend about 2 weeks ago now... what are you refering to happening 1 month early or 14 days from now? ????

EDIT: ah my bad i put 7/26 instead of 6/26... lol my bad... thanks for the smart ass remark, jk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts