Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today i did a used car inspection on an 04 s2000 yellow. never driven one and didnt really care too much for them. all i have to say is i was very very impressed. it was loud and obnoxious like the 350z but the performance was awesome. the vtech from 6-8k was sweet. when i shifted to second the car went way sideways. something i never thought would happen in a honda. the shifter is really good and short and every upshift you go right back to 6k. i was just doing some checking and i keep finding low 14 second numbers. it seriously felt like a high 13 second car so thumbs up on this one. when i drove a 350z i hated it so between the 2 i would by the s2000. anyone else have some experiance with one?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I raced one last summer in my 89 Mustang GT, beat it, then continued on my way. Didnt keep up enough for me to give it much thought. I just thought of it as another notch on the ol' belt. Haha, no it was pretty quick. My GT had AFR 165 heads, TF stage 1 cam, Longtubes, msd ignition, 3.73 gears, TF Street heat intake. bigger TB and MAF. a bunch of other little things ;). I totalled my Mustang back in october though. It went fast, but regretfully i never upgraded the brakes and i rear ended a 1 ton truck. Oh well.

As for the s2000 again, its a little sports car that isnt practical for everyday driving but good for bootin around in. I have never driven one though.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I like 'em but I hear a lot that you can't be to tall or else it is hard to fit in. I would like to drive one but right now they are a little out of my price range. Also, I need more than 2 seats!

The styling though is rather nice!

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Jekyl said:
same with mazda ;)
I can't vouch for Mazda. I have only had this thing for a year as of February.

To say ANY car company sucks is pretty bad considering EVERY car company has a flagship type car that is excellent!

·
Registered
249 Posts
hookdupdelsol said:
I like 'em but I hear a lot that you can't be to tall or else it is hard to fit in. I would like to drive one but right now they are a little out of my price range. Also, I need more than 2 seats!

The styling though is rather nice!
I test drove one and I'm 6'3. Its abit tight in them if your really tall or big. I was impressed with the car though, just not the thought of driving a go-cart everyday. Only other thing that turned me off was that is only a two seater. I mean I have a coupe SS/SC, but atleast I have that bit of room in the back seat for people or smalll stuff.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
joedashow said:
I've always wanted to drive an S2000 for the simple fact that it revs so high before redlining. That's GOT to be fun, no real matter what car.
you think that would be fun? yea it was but its nothing when you can drive a ferarri 355f1 whenever you want basically and reving that bad boy up to 9000 rpm. now that really makes some music to the ears.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
my dad leased a 2000 s2000 for three years. the lease was up 3 months after i got my license so i only got to drive it a couple of times. i'm 6'2" - 6'3" and it was tight, but not uncomfortable. i actually really liked the way the car wrapped around you, it really makes for an excellent driving experience. and man, that thing drifted like it was born to. sounded great too, and i got hit on by a lot of cute girls while driving around with the top down. the only downside was the plastic rear window (whch i think they replaced with a glass one), and it was very hard to see anything when the top was up. overall, i would trade my ss in a hot second for that particular honda.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts