Cobalts SS banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well ... I raced my dads 05 GT tonight (stock) ...
went from a stop twice ...
1st time I jumped ahead in 1st ... kept halfway through second ...
and then.... bye bye ... I think i saw tail lights way off in the distance ...
J/k... he put about 5-6 car lengths on me up to 100...
Second time .. same thing ... I was suprised to keep up as long as I did...
It was fun though..

Oh ya.. I only have about 400miles on my car.. Probably could have been quite a bit closer if I wasnt such a suck driver... :eek:

·
Registered
498 Posts
race him on the highway next. See how you hang then.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you know I was talking to him about that this morning... Ive driven his car quite a bit and I knew from a stop he would take me ... and he did... But his car does lose a lot of steam above 70... I think from a rolling 55-60 I could keep up or pass ... dunno... May try one of these nights...

·
Registered
498 Posts
start at 70mph. 55-60 is horrible to start in, due to it being at the top of the rpm bad. You don't want to start a race at 5k rpm. 70 is perfect. It's where I started at when I raced the two mustangs.

·
Registered
259 Posts
roll, stop, what ever... i'll do em all. and for some reason people believe that AWD from a roll thing... till they read the license plates.....

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Novtec1 said:
roll, stop, what ever... i'll do em all. and for some reason people believe that AWD from a roll thing... till they read the license plates.....
I remember this discussion between you and me. :D

LOL.

Some people might miss-interpret (sp?) though.

In a Roll Race:

200FWHP > 200RWHP > 200AWHP

I'm not trying to stir things up at all, you'd know that. I think what you mean is SOME people believe ALL awd's suck from a roll... and that is just stupid! I agree with you though.. people shut up after they see tail lights, lol. Sadly.

·
Registered
259 Posts
KSE said:
I remember this discussion between you and me. :D

LOL.

Some people might miss-interpret (sp?) though.

In a Roll Race:

200FWHP > 200RWHP > 200AWHP

I'm not trying to stir things up at all, you'd know that. I think what you mean is SOME people believe ALL awd's suck from a roll... and that is just stupid! I agree with you though.. people shut up after they see tail lights, lol. Sadly.
yea i remember that convo...i just love it that i have that lil tag is hung over me till we take off.....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah, people seem to get the misconception that the only strength an AWD has is a hole shot....it's not that black and white.....and launching can be a trick all it's own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is the second story I've read about a race with an '05 Mustang GT. Anyone ever raced a previous generation Mustang GT? Looking at the numbers, it seems like we have a better chance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts