Cobalts SS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car is red w/ red leather inserted seats&OnStar it has 5,000 miles on it
Asking price $22,000 so i can pay off whats owed on it.

PM FOR MORE DETAILS

i live in Ducthess County are in NY

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
what are you getting to fill the gap in your life when the ss is gone? lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My bills paid off! :-D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for the meantine i have a worked 660raptor & drive my friends 300+hp srt4 that can fill my needs for a few months

·
Registered
22 Posts
ripsrt4 said:
The car is red w/ red leather inserted seats&OnStar it has 5,000 miles on it
Asking price $22,000 so i can pay off whats owed on it.

PM FOR MORE DETAILS

i live in Ducthess County are in NY
:eek: $22,000 with 5,000 miles....you are out of your ever lovin' mind. You may want to do some research on how much depreciation occurs the day you drive it off the lot. You could probably get $18-19 for it. You are basically asking the retail price for it...but with 5k miles.

Good luck.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Damn, I nearly paid that for my new SS. Like the guy said above, good luck! I even bought gap insurance due to the fact that US cars lose value quickly. I didn't want to end up in a wreck and end up getting $17,000 for this car. This insures that a Cobalt SS will be in my life until it's paid for and will not have to down grade to a car I don't like!

·
Registered
695 Posts
ill trade u my ls for your ss

·
Registered
498 Posts
ripsrt-4: "sure fox! Sounds like a deal!" ^^^^

·
Registered
695 Posts
o cmon ripsrt4... lol my ls was 22 grand haha

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im glad every1 has doubts on this form & the sticker on my car was over 24,000$ so i dunno what you people are talking about... I have someone already that im meeting up with this weekend thats gonna buy my car for 22,000$ & seing how he has what i want im buying his srt4 in return which happens to be a silver 04 just like mine was...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
even on top of it all i know all about the depreciation about cars & there prices but i also know alot of it is bullshit! when i bought my srt in 04 it was a used 04 with 4,000miles & i got it for 16,000 at a dealer & when it was totalled i got 18,500 from it back & before i was wrecked the dealer said they'd only give me 13,000$ for it so whats that tell ya

·
Registered
162 Posts
It tells us that your insurance company is a sucker. Of course, they never really lose any money, they simply jack the rates up on everyone else to pay you that much for a wrecked SRT-4.

On a relatively post related note. I am sure everyone who chimed in was trying to help him set a realistic price for his car, but unless you are going to make an offer, it does not help to bash his asking price. If someone feels it is worth that much, they will pay it. Nobody is going to buy a used car without checking out the deal before offering cash.

If he gets no bites at 22K, then he will lower the price or keep the car if it is worth that much to him. Nobody else's business. All bashing his price does it turn away prospective buyers.
It is between him and the eventual buyer.

If someone is willing to pay more for a vehicle than you are, so what? If it is worth that much to them, that is a fine deal for them.

<edit, spelling>

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well thankyou on positive enlightment which i agree on & i agree about insurance companys but they did make out good they sold the wrecked srt4 for 15,500 so they only really put out 3,000$ i was very surprised on how much they got for it as well as me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts