·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I admit, it's the first Honda I actually like :eek:

·
Registered
232 Posts
That thing looks awesome... I mean its no Enzo... But a MAJOR improvment over the previous bodies... I may even buy one ! I always said never do again but that thing looks tempting... I feel the darkside pulling me back in !!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^^ naw, i think we all like your current user name just fine :D It's basically a Type-S in a civic body. IMO, I like torque, so i wouldn't turn to the dark side. besides, how the hell can you afford to trade your SS in already? You just bought the damned thing, and put a pulley kit in it. Our cars will still kill the new civic.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wife needs a new car... Her 00 Jetta 1.8 is getting some miles on it... I think I see an SI in her future (I mean our future :D ). I don't intend on getting rid of the SS ANYTIME soon.. Ive only just begun ! Ive only got $600 in to it... Ive got another 10k to spend before I can sell it for half of what i paid :rolleyes: .. Oh well thats how it always seems to turn out anyway ! I swore with my CRX all I was gonna do was a motor swap... 20k later... I sold it for 9k....

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I learned that lesson too with my mustang. Now I know better, and don't plan on going extreme with this car. Has good balls from the factory, so I don't feel the "need" to add 100hp+ to it like my past underpowered cars (SVTF!). If and when GM comes out with the stage 2 kit, I'll probably get that, and an intake, and call it a day. If i do anything else, it'll be appearance after that.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I agree with PocketViper. I'm falling asleep looking at the pictures of that car it's so boring. The only thing keeping me awake is a ringing phone and the ugliness factor of that car. One thing I've noticed in imports is that they don't really incorporate the head and tail lights into the design of the car, they merely make room in the panels for them. The headlights are usually acceptable but the taillights are always boring and.... they're.... um...... just.... there. Now on just about every GM car that I can think of running on as little sleep as I am, has styling features incorporating the taillights with the other body panels. A good example of this is the 3rd generation Saturn SL's

Notice how the lines on the top of the trunk lid are encorporated into the tail lights and the outer edge lines of the lights go across the trunk lid to tie in to the car. Subtle, but it looks good. Another good example is the 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix

Notice how the bulges on the taillights are continued onto the trunk lid. Again, subtle, but it looks good and clean. The taillights on the Civic are just there. There's nothing happening and nothing grabbing your eye and making you say "Hey, that's pretty cool."

·
Registered
232 Posts
Im going Gravana supercharger upgrade all the way.. I know I wont be happy till Ive got 300+ hp to the wheels... thats why I sold the SVTF... didn't think it would be realistic or worth while... With this car its another story..

·
Registered
232 Posts
XxGarbSxX said:
I agree with PocketViper. I'm falling asleep looking at the pictures of that car it's so boring. The only thing keeping me awake is a ringing phone and the ugliness factor of that car. One thing I've noticed in imports is that they don't really incorporate the head and tail lights into the design of the car, they merely make room in the panels for them. The headlights are usually acceptable but the taillights are always boring and.... they're.... um...... just.... there. Now on just about every GM car that I can think of running on as little sleep as I am, has styling features incorporating the taillights with the other body panels. A good example of this is the 3rd generation Saturn SL's

Notice how the lines on the top of the trunk lid are encorporated into the tail lights and the outer edge lines of the lights go across the trunk lid to tie in to the car. Subtle, but it looks good. Another good example is the 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix

Notice how the bulges on the taillights are continued onto the trunk lid. Again, subtle, but it looks good and clean. The taillights on the Civic are just there. There's nothing happening and nothing grabbing your eye and making you say "Hey, that's pretty cool."
Different strokes... I personally think domestic styling is crap... The SS and SRT are the first domestic cars ive really ever liked as far as styling.. The interiors have always sucked too... I guess thats why I like my SS.. It feels more import... Fit finish is good in the interior and the styling is cool... I like the older GTPs... HATE the way they look... I kind of think both the cars you posted pics of are ugly :eek:

·
Registered
115 Posts
wait, there's more? I fell asleep in the hybrid section. As for the styling, to each his own. Looks are subjective. I hate import styling, you hate domestic styling, we can still be friends.

·
Registered
232 Posts
XxGarbSxX said:
wait, there's more? I fell asleep in the hybrid section. As for the styling, to each his own. Looks are subjective. I hate import styling, you hate domestic styling, we can still be friends.
Of course dude ! Like I said.. Different strokes ya know ? Besides domestic are slowly growing on me... It was a HUGE step when I bought my focus... Now ive got the SS... If that camaro actually makes it to production I can for sure see it being my next car.. SS of course.. :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Man, I should press charges for attempted murder. Having to scroll down that far looking at pictures of the same ugly ass car just to see if the Si didn't suck, which it did, felt like an assassination attempt. God, I'm not looking at another Honda unless I absolutely have to.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts